Example of bad lag on the late rMBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by richard371, Nov 14, 2013.

1. richard371, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

richard371 macrumors 68000

Try going to dreamforce.com and scroll. Does it lag bad? Its horrible on mine.

My friend just got the same 13" late 2013 rmbp as me and has been complaining about horrible lag. He does not read the forums at all and but does a lot of research for school and has been complaining about it. I didn't believe him or others on here at first until he had me try this site. I tried it with both safari and chrome and it is a mess. Perfect on the iPad and iPhone. I really hope Apple can fix this.

Very disappointed.

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

That site even lags when scrolling on my Windows PC. The one in my signature.

3. richard371 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thats odd. My friend just tried it on his 7 year old core 2 duo win vista machine and it is smoother then the mbp but still a little jerky.

4. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Maybe your friend just doesn't notice. It is very laggy even with GTX 780's and a 3930K on Windows 8.1

That site is just poorly coded.

5. leman macrumors 604

It also lags on my iMac and on the rMBP at all resolutions (including the non-retina ones). It does show that retina mode is more taxing for the machine (duh). Now, it would be interesting to know what exactly about this site makes is so inefficient...

6. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Sheesh, where are the pictures of this setup? Have it on /r/battlestations? I want to see :eek:

7. DSpawnZ macrumors newbie

It lags a lot on my son's PC and on my rMBP 13" Late 2013.
    It's an AMD FX 8350 Eight Core, 16 Gb RAM, Dual AMD Radeons 7850 in Crossfire w/ Windows 8.1.

8. Doward macrumors 6502a

I'm not seeing these massive amounts of lag. The site itself doesn't update at 60fps.

I scroll, it moves - no issue.

9. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

This is my rig but with GTX 480's from last year when I built it:
    http://i.imgur.com/xdOhJJH.jpg

Picture with GTX 480's still in, but with door on:
    http://i.imgur.com/FF5sVqw.jpg

Then this year I added GTX 780's - I don't have a picture with these with their waterblocks on yet as I've not got around to putting the waterblocks on:
    http://i.imgur.com/3lXHGj9.jpg

And here is my desk setup with my screens (Forgive the family photos being censored):
    http://i.imgur.com/lKASC9D.jpg

Sorry for derailing the thread I just figured someone else may be interested to see it as-well.

10. agaskew macrumors 6502

Actually I'm not sure its a badly lagging web page at all. The home page is divided in to coloured sections and within each section there is scrollable content. So as you scroll down you hit a section which stops the overall scrolling, you scroll through the section content (some of which isn't really scrolling at all), then resume overall scrolling to the next section.

Crikey does that even make sense?

Anyway, try one of the sub pages in the site and its fine.

11. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I think this is more an example of a badly programmed website. Even if it is working as intended (i.e. the scrolling of subwindows), it is not a good experience.

12. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Agreed. It feels really choppy as you get to each "segment" in the page.

13. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

It does not lag on mobile browsers (iPad, iPhone) because with them a much lighter a mobile version of the site gets loaded. The full site lags on Safari 7 and Opera 17 in OS X, and on IE11 and Opera 17 in Windows (Boot Camp on a rMBP).

I find it unlikely that Apple would fix a problem with a bad site not in their control. If you are disappointed, contact the owner of the site.

14. nerfologist macrumors member

Lags really bad, looks like bad site programming TBH.

15. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

sweet setup!

16. cheesyappleuser macrumors 6502a

cheesyappleuser

Lags here as well. So many reviews that it just sounds like a bad webpage.

17. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Thanks for sharing, always curious to see others setups. Here are a few pictures/albums from mine (gaming rig is dual 680's and Dell U2412Ms).

http://imgur.com/a/3R5kP

http://imgur.com/a/aOku3

http://imgur.com/a/w3kYH

Can't figure out which desk configuration I like best :confused:

Have been thinking about going to 3x27's but 3x30's, wow :)

18. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

In my opinion wait for 4K to become affordable. It's 1-2 years at most. Buying a 30" or 27" now seems like a waste of money with 4K so close to reaching good prices.

I've had these 30" since 2008 back then they made a lot of sense to purchase but I wouldn't buy them over now due to how close 4K is to being priced reasonably.

19. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Yeah, what I've been thinking. Only thought about 27's because I can score a major discount from Dell on their U2713HM (like $475 instead of $799 or whatever they run) but I'll probably still just save up and wait for 4K.

I don't know that 4K monitors will come down in price too quick, but eventually. Need the GPUs to catch up a bit more anyways and for some of the HDMI/DisplayPort specs to catch up. I'll say 2-3 years before truly "affordable".

20. RicoRich196 macrumors member

Pretty laggy on my work PC running Windows 7 here. The site is just designed pretty badly which you guys seem to be confusing for poor performance on your Macs.

21. walkie macrumors 6502

They wanted to do something similar to www.meethue.com, but the programmers in dreamforce.com failed to do it right, that's shoddy programming...

22. Shubbeh macrumors member

Same here, not smooth scrolling at all on dreamforce.com.
    Running a Windows 8.1 desktop with Core i7-2600 and 8 GB of RAM, 1920x1200 monitor.

23. isephmusic macrumors 6502

it took all of about 2 seconds to know its just badly coded website. go on the verge , its also pretty graphical and doesn't lag.

24. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

Gah. That site looks like what would happen if Geocities still existed and had access to modern web technologies.

I'm not going to judge my computer based on how well a really crappy website behaves on it.

25. yabot macrumors regular

GAAAHH! does it not annoy you to have no legroom under the desk!? WAAAAAH!!!!