Excel for Mac help- how to get rid of the never-ending columns/pages?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SarahYester, Jun 23, 2014.

1. SarahYester macrumors newbie

Hi I just started using excel for work and I'm pretty frustrated with it. I'm using Excel for mac 2011 with the customer list template. I managed to figure out how to get rid of the alphabetized headers on the columns, but is there any way to limit my document to only the columns I am using and get rid of all the empty pages? I tried to set the zoom to one page, but that makes everything way too small.

If I'm not explaining myself clearly I can try and post screenshots to make my plight more evident.

Thanks!

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

If you find yourself deleting a lot of the template then it might make more sense to start form scratch. I'm not familiar with the template you're referring to. Do you really need to delete the columns and pages that you're not using? Is this the first time you've used any spreadsheet?

3. SarahYester thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just trying to make the document look as clean and straightforward as possible for when I show it to my boss and if it's possible to cut it down then I would

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, I'm pretty sure I've done this, but I don't recall how I did it. There are Excel specific forums also that might be helpful. "Mr. Excel" is one I can think of. I have another one bookmarked on my Mac - at home.