Excessive Data Use in iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonnyb098, Oct 12, 2012.

1. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Anyone else having this issue with iOS 6? ATT is refunding me for overages from crazy data usage when I know I am in wi-fi. I used data man to track and its showing that there is NO app using the data yet there was 170mb transferred using cellular.

ATT confirmed some users are having this issue and its a software glitch in iOS 6. This is kind of a big deal that people are being charged because Apple isn't properly testing its software.

Im not asking for advice on how to fix this, just wondering if anyone else is having this ridiculous issue.

2. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

Well I just got hit with this also but on Verizon. 1,763,413 MB in one session at home on wifi.

I did not go ver usage so it was not a problem. I called them to make sure they knew.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes, others are having this issue. There have been many posts here over the past week discussing it. Even some frontpage stories about it.

4. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Yeah, if you'd do a SIMPLE search there are at least half a dozen threads with this SAME subject. We be a lot cooler if everyone was commenting on the same page.

5. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

Stop starting new threads and comment on the threads that have some traction.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

traction?