Excessive Data Use in iOS 6?

jonnyb098

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Anyone else having this issue with iOS 6? ATT is refunding me for overages from crazy data usage when I know I am in wi-fi. I used data man to track and its showing that there is NO app using the data yet there was 170mb transferred using cellular.

ATT confirmed some users are having this issue and its a software glitch in iOS 6. This is kind of a big deal that people are being charged because Apple isn't properly testing its software.

Im not asking for advice on how to fix this, just wondering if anyone else is having this ridiculous issue.

Millionaire2K

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
Well I just got hit with this also but on Verizon. 1,763,413 MB in one session at home on wifi.

I did not go ver usage so it was not a problem. I called them to make sure they knew.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Anyone else having this issue with iOS 6?...
Im not asking for advice on how to fix this, just wondering if anyone else is having this ridiculous issue.

Yes, others are having this issue. There have been many posts here over the past week discussing it. Even some frontpage stories about it.

armandxp

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
Yeah, if you'd do a SIMPLE search there are at least half a dozen threads with this SAME subject. We be a lot cooler if everyone was commenting on the same page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.