Excessive Data Use

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cappers, Oct 29, 2012.

1. cappers macrumors member

Since IOs 6, iphone 5 and a move to Oranage /EE seems I am using more data than before Iphone 4 and o2. When it wakes from sleep seems to use +/- half a meg of date data as per 'My data manager' app (which is the same as my normal counter ion the phone, so I have ruled out this being wrong).
    Anyone else noticed excessive data being used more than before? Any one any ideas what may be dong it.All setting the same email etc. etc.

Is there any app available whuich shows which apps are using up data?

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I have iOS6 on an iPhone 4 and my data usage as doubled for some reason...and I'm using my phone just as I did on iOS5

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

My data use has skyrocketed since getting the iPhone 5. I think it's mostly because since AT&T LTE is just as fast as most WiFi connections, that I'm not constantly trying to get my phone on WiFi anymore. Plus, I want to take advantage of this new service that I'm paying for.

[​IMG]

I can't believe I used almost 5 GB this past month though. Any over that and AT&T is going to throttle me so I think I have to get back to my WiFi connections.

4. SwingOnThis macrumors regular

5. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

^ This

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That looks like AT&T's App, so it won't work unless you're an AT&T customer.

7. cappers thread starter macrumors member

My wife has my iPhone 4 also on iOS 6 and her data usage is not as much as mine by far (O2 carrier), so I reckon it is either something in iPhone 5 or Orange/EE carrier?

8. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Sorry for the delay guys!

Daveoc is right, it's the myAT&T app. The app itself is only decent but it does give me access to quite a bit of information about my account -- of course, it's only available to AT&T customers though.

The chart on the left was a screenshot from the AT&T website where they let you look back and compare your past data usage.

9. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Thank you, Dean. I did not know that the AT&T customer page offered past data use info.

Im going to sign on and take a look.