Exchange (16gb for 32gb, but lost headphones)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac7, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

So I bought a 16gb iPhone from apple straight up for $600 no contract. But I now want to exchange for a 32gb. It has been less than 30 days since I've bought it. But I've "lost" the headphones. Would apple still let me do an exchange?

2. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

Call & Ask; doesn't hurt.

If not spend the $40 get new headphones, put them in the box and exchange. You'll still get headphones on the new 32GB iPhone.

3. Mac7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Yea I called but the guy on the phone told men to come in cause they need the manager to look at "my situation" he couldn't give me an answer over the phone. He also said that he's never seen this situation before, where somebody bought the iPhone off contract and wanted to exchange. So he just told me to come in and talk to a manager

4. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Exchanging won't be a problem if you're within the return/exchange period. The headphones that come with the iPhone retail for $29.00, so just run to an Apple store or Best Buy and pick up a new pair and put them back in the box. Or you can see if Apple would allow you to take the headphones out of the new 32GB iPhone box and put them in the exchanging unit. All in all, you shouldn't have a problem with any of it.