Exchange ASAP or in 21 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kjparfekt, Sep 26, 2012.

1. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Those of you with damage out of the box or other issues are you trying to exchange your iPhone immediately if possible or waiting closer to that 30 day return mark for inventory to shore up and another round of builds that hopefully fixes the issues that keep popping up on these forums?

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

3. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Exactly, 20 day and swap if there are issues

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you hang onto it as long as possible does it diminish the claim that it came that way out of the box? Possibly to the point where it's considered user damage?

5. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

I exchanged mine using the standard exchange. I dropped the iphone off at a UPS store, and tey looked up the info and boxed it up and sent it next day air (pre paid by apple).

It was delivered the next day. Later in the day the replacement shipped.

I got it today, flawless.

64GB , white, from factory F2.

I unlocked it using unlock fusions service (about 8 bucks).

So now I have a perfect iphone 5 thats unlocked......

6. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

I'm waiting until the second week of October, and getting a new model. I called & opened a case # so they can't accuse me of 'user' abuse.

----------

Did you go through 1-800 apple direct?

7. ihonda macrumors 68000

I'm waiting for hopefully a new batch. iPhones are upto 30 days. I really wanna switch to black.

8. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

yes.

9. kjparfekt thread starter macrumors regular

kjparfekt

I tried to exchange Sunday when I first opened my box and got the last Sprint 32 gb white iPhone at the store for my exchange but noticed a chip in the back plate and dings in the bevel along with a small discoloration spot near the charging port. The apple employee setting it up with me actually noticed it first. Since they didn't have anymore the store manager made a note, said she was sorry and that she would call when their back in stock but didn't expect that to be anytime soon. She said as long as its within 30 days it will be processed as a DOA and she'll hand me a fresh box. Initially I was bummed since this is my first iPhone but now I'm thinking waiting 2 weeks might not be a bad idea.