Exchange Calendar drains battery like crazy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jenzo, Nov 7, 2011.

1. jenzo macrumors member

all,

tried all the little tweaks to make my new iPhone 4s last more than half a day, turned of location services, bluetooth, siri, etc etc etc... nothing made my battery even slightly tolerable. i was getting 100% to 30% in 4-6 hours. if i had heavy usage i would have a dead battery by 3pm. i saw someone mention turning off exchange calendar in settings and i tried it. low and behold i have a very reasonable battery again. i can make it through an entire day without charging. i have turned everything back on 1 by 1 and have all the services back on and still have great life.

might not be the magic fix for all but i must say it has made this phone usable until apple fixes the problem.

-jenzo

2. asen89 macrumors newbie

I think Apple has already fixed this issue with the 5.0.1 firmware upgrade. In that the location services are turned off when not required.

3. bp1000, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

bp1000 macrumors 65816

I run exchange calendars and have good battery life

I haven't full cycled the battery since new yet and i've just drained it down to 1%... now it is charging up it's full cycle.

This was with 7 hours usage and 27 hours of standby

It included several calls, lots of messages, twitter, browsing, several reminders, some google maps, quite a few hours of music and 1 location based reminder which was running for about 5 - 7 hours. Wifi was also connected most of the time along with iCloud, photo stream, 3 push email accounts and bluetooth turned on for about half of the time and bluetooth was actually paired with my car off the charger for roughly 3 - 4 hours.

I think that is pretty good. I don't think calendars are the issue.

I think it's hung connections

... My wife has the same phone, her's was even better. She hadn't done half the things i had though, like bluetooth, she only has 1 email account set to push, and has only done basic things like calls, text, browsing and twitter... maybe some reminders. She's currently on her third day of usage.