Exchange Email keeps on asking for password even after I put the correct one!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Texxy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Hey guys I setup my Gmail accounts to push through Exchange. Worked PERFECTLY for a month and all of a sudden it keeps on randomly asking me for a password saying it is incorrect. I put the correct password and yet it still says it is incorrect. What do I do? Is this a bug? Is there a setting I am supposed to change in gmail?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Try going here and doing the Captcha unlock: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

I had this happen the first time I got a smartphone and that's what was causing the problem, it wasn't recognizing the new device, so try that from your phone.

3. b24pgg macrumors 65816

I had this problem initially but it's strange that it's happening all of a sudden a month after you set it up. The fixes I've seen are:

1.) Do the unlock captcha as suggested above
    2.) Are you logging in with a Google Apps or non-gmail login? Try the gmail address login instead and then go to m.google.com/sync from your phone and you can change the "Send As" address from there

4. Texxy thread starter macrumors 6502

Texxy

I see no settings for the "Send As" part when I sign in on my phone what do you mean.

5. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

Are you connected to another wifi source? When I connect to my work wifi, it constantly asks for my PW for GMail, but once I connect to my cellular data connection it works fine.

6. Texxy thread starter macrumors 6502

Texxy

Well that shouldn't matter. It should work with WiFi but yes I get home and school Wifi always

7. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

Delete the account on the phone and re-add....