Exchange Email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JudasBlitzkrieg, May 29, 2013.

1. JudasBlitzkrieg macrumors member

I have my suspicions on this, but I wanted to get other people's opinions on this before I take any action

on my 4S, I have my work's Exchange Email service connected. I like to have my email when I'm out the office, but more importantly, having the calendar is massively helpful for me.

However, I notice that I am chewing through my monthly data limit very quickly. I get 1gb a month from EE and I am breaching that every month. I don't do much surfing on 3G beyond your bog standard social networking and a bit of web browsing, but somehow every month I breach the limit.

I get about 10 to 30 emails a day, but most are just text, very few attachments. Does exchange beast the data connection on 3G? Is it worthwhile me turning it off?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not in and of itself in my experience though a problem with your setup/account/server could certainly cause data issues like that. If you're wondering what's using your data there are apps for that. I don't have links off the top of my head but they're frequently discussed here.

You could also remove the account (use OWA in the meantime if you have access to it) and monitor your data usage.

3. JAT macrumors 603

I used to hang around 600MB/month with 3 email accounts running, including one Exchange. 2 of those were on Push, the other couldn't be. And I would do some surfing or other net access daily (maps, weather, etc). Over 1GB seems too much if this is the only issue. Must be something else, or a misbehaving Mail app or mail account.