Exchange iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone joe, Oct 29, 2013.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

I want to return my iPhone and exchange it for one with more GB, Is this allowed?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When did you buy it?

If you bought it an apple store you have 30 days. if from a carrier 14 days (at least here in the US). Be sure to bring your receipt as well.

3. iphone joe thread starter macrumors regular

iphone joe

I bought it from my local Apple store a few days ago.

4. Bear macrumors G3

Are you sure it's 30 days bought from an Apple Store? I know for computers and accessories it is only 14 days.

5. dlondon macrumors regular

The Apple Store receipt tells you the actual return date. It was 14 days for the iPhone I bought in London.

I wasn't aware you could use the product. I returned mine (sealed) as I didn't want the space grey model (but it was the only one I could purchase). If I had known you could use the product, I may have tried using the space grey model to see how I got along with it.

6. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Yes, it's 30 days from the Apple store for a full refund, but only 14 days to reset the eligibility with your carrier.

7. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Positive....30 days for the iPhone phones and 14 days for iPads/Macbooks, etc.

Attached Files:

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

Depending on the carrier days 15-30 are a bit of a gray area. I know with AT&T after 14 days your two year contract is in full effect, and your upgrade eligibility will not be reset if you return your phone, though I would think if you complain enough to the right people at AT&T you could get your upgrade back. I am not sure exactly how the exchange process works with all that.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Keep in mind that what you'll be doing is returning your old iPhone for a refund, and then purchasing a new iPhone (with more GB). If the store doesn't have the model you want (the one with more GB) in stock, that can put you in a weird situation.

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Even though I swear its 30 days, when I went and exchanged my space gray 5S for silver, the genuis said "well good thing you are still in the two week return window", meanwhile I was just thinking to myself "isn't it 30 days?"

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

If one buys it like OP did from the Apple store, its 30 days. If from a Carrier than its 14 days unless one lives in California and its 30 days again

12. VanillaCracker macrumors 68030

VanillaCracker

It's definitely only 14 days for your carrier - just dealt with that. I'm within 14 days, but I was told clearly about the policy

13. dave420 macrumors 65816

I called my carrier (AT&T) with this exact question. They assured me that my two year contract was in effect after two weeks. I could return my device and get a refund from Apple, but the two year contract was in effect.
    I wasn't actually trying to return my device, but I was calling to inquire about the policy due to threads like this one. The guy I spoke to was very knowledgable, and he waved my activation fee and waved several other fees on my account.