Exchange iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pongyuekong, Oct 4, 2014.

1. pongyuekong macrumors newbie

Just got my iPhone 6 plus 128gb 3 days ago and this morning when I woke up to I grab my iPhone from the desk and it made a tapping noise so I look carefully and my iPhone is slightly bent. I debating to buy AppleCare in the first place but now that I know my phone is slightly bent I want to exchange and downgrade to 64gb with AppleCare. Is it possible to do an exchange when I'm on a 2 year contract with Verizon (purchase from Apple store)? also is it normal for it to be slightly bent brand new?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I don't know if you can exchange a damaged phone, unless apple considers it a defect and not user damage

3. pongyuekong thread starter macrumors newbie

Honestly I don't think I damage it considering how I been using it for the last 3 days. I never inspect to make sure it wasn't bent out of the box. I could be wrong but I think it came out of he box this way.

4. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Good luck telling that story to Apple. :D

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Come on your not fooling no one ,, YOU BENT YOUR PHONE OWN UP TO IT

6. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

I'm noticing a trend that all the "Bent iPhone" threads never have pictures. Post a picture to prove it, OP.

7. pongyuekong thread starter macrumors newbie

I will still try my luck and it's a slight bend from corner to corner so I don't know how I or what could cause that.

About the pictures to prove it I'm not starting the bendgate. Like I said its a slight bend and you can only notice it if you lay the screen flat on a true surface. My main question is if it's possible to exchange phone under a contract.

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Also, do you notice the trend that their registration dates usually are the same day or within the same week of the post? ;)

9. carlos916 macrumors regular

carlos916

mine made a tapping noise too until i found out it was the camera lens causing it to look like it was bent :p

10. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I agree. I truly believe many are trying to badmouth Apple.

11. pongyuekong thread starter macrumors newbie

I said the screen face.

I'm only asking a question on the exchange and not promoting your bendgate issue. I may just have been the unfortunate one and believe my came slightly bend from corner to corner, but don't get me wrong I love apple products.

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yes you should be able to make an exchange if your still in the 14 day return policy although that could change from carrier to carrier

13. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I guess you can make an appointment at the Genius Bar and let them have a look at it. Judging by Apple CS standards you might well get an exchange :)

14. carlos916 macrumors regular

carlos916

just take it in to an apple store they will most likely not exchange it but if u CAN find an issue with it they will swap it out... i just exchanged my 6+ gld for an 6+ spgry due to my gold having a defect on the screen .. went in swapped it out and now no issues.. just make sure to call ur local apple store to make sure they have ur phone in stock :)

15. BatPhone6 macrumors newbie

Just exchange for a smaller size. Don't mention the slight bent defect.

16. noobinator macrumors 601

Its probably because of the lens sticking out.

17. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic