Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewxie

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I'd been using my iPhone 6 about 2 weeks now. I am now realizing the phone is getting more "laggy" if this makes any sense. First couple days I didn't realize anything different at all, but now I am experiencing even no response when I touch the screen. What would you guys do?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Try a hard reset and then maybe a DFU restore (and set up as a new phone). If those don't work -> Genius Bar.

andrewxie

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Try a hard reset and then maybe a DFU restore (and set up as a new phone). If those don't work -> Genius Bar.

I have been thinking to do the same thing too.
I have not passed the return time period yet, should I return it?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
I have been thinking to do the same thing too.
I have not passed the return time period yet, should I return it?

Have you been thinking to do those things, or have you done them? If you haven't, I'd do them before returning anything.

andrewxie

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Have you been thinking to do those things, or have you done them? If you haven't, I'd do them before returning anything.

Thanks man. No I have not done them yet. I will do that. Just thinking that it's still hasn't passes the return date, that's why I think of returning it rather than just fixing it.
If I keep it for now, and if later Apple store can not fix it, will they give me a new phone?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
Thanks man. No I have not done them yet. I will do that. Just thinking that it's still hasn't passes the return date, that's why I think of returning it rather than just fixing it.
If I keep it for now, and if later Apple store can not fix it, will they give me a new phone?

Probably. But even a full restore only takes 10 minutes. There's no way you're in such a rush that you can't try it right?

If you take it to the store, they will also try that before giving you a new one. If a restore fixes it you'll walk out with the same phone and a lot of wasted time.

But I guess if you want to do the safest thing possible just take it to the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.