Exchange maybe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewxie, Oct 4, 2014.

1. andrewxie macrumors member

I'd been using my iPhone 6 about 2 weeks now. I am now realizing the phone is getting more "laggy" if this makes any sense. First couple days I didn't realize anything different at all, but now I am experiencing even no response when I touch the screen. What would you guys do?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Try a hard reset and then maybe a DFU restore (and set up as a new phone). If those don't work -> Genius Bar.

3. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

I have been thinking to do the same thing too.
    I have not passed the return time period yet, should I return it?

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Have you been thinking to do those things, or have you done them? If you haven't, I'd do them before returning anything.

5. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man. No I have not done them yet. I will do that. Just thinking that it's still hasn't passes the return date, that's why I think of returning it rather than just fixing it.
    If I keep it for now, and if later Apple store can not fix it, will they give me a new phone?

6. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Probably. But even a full restore only takes 10 minutes. There's no way you're in such a rush that you can't try it right?

If you take it to the store, they will also try that before giving you a new one. If a restore fixes it you'll walk out with the same phone and a lot of wasted time.

But I guess if you want to do the safest thing possible just take it to the store.

7. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

It's a software problem
    A new phone will be the same.

Could be a dodgy back up