Exchange through Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Oct 1, 2012.

1. metzy25, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Alright I know this has probably been posted, I tried using the search engine but nothing showed up answering my question. I have a black iPhone 5 and it has a loose lock button but its something that's been there since I got it. My questions are can you exchange it for another black iPhone 5, or does it have too be a white iPhone 5? Also how does the exchange work when you do it through calling Verizon? Do they put ahold onto a credit card? Etc.

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

Warranty exchanges are all covered by Apple. Normal process is to replace the exact model / color for the failing device.

If you want to change the color / capacity then you will have to return the phone to the point of purchase and have them process a return and then purchased the device you really want. Note the carriers have different rules and time limits for returns / exchanges. Please check with you carrier for your specific situation.

Dave

3. FierceDeityLink macrumors newbie

Call *611 and ask about changing color/capacity, but I know they can place an order for a replacement and charge you for it until the old one is returned.