Exchange via Verizon or Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emtrey, Nov 10, 2011.

1. emtrey macrumors member

Hi, all--

I recently upgraded my family to iPhone 4S' (through Verizon) and while two of them work perfectly, the third (black 16GB) will periodically shut itself off and be non-responsive until I initiate a reset by holding the power and home buttons in. Sadly it keeps happening.

Checking the Diagnostic report, I see it's getting several "panics" a day. I tried doing a fresh install/setting up as a new phone, but that ultimately didn't help anything.

Poking around the forum, it appears that means it's a hardware problem and I need to exchange the phone. Based on experience, who should I initiate an exchange with? Would Verizon just send me to Apple or do I need to go through them since they're (Verizon) the ones I got the phones from? (I do have a local Apple Store.)

I'm coming up on the end of my two week return/exchange period with Verizon, so quick replies would be very appreciated. Thanks!

emtrey

2. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

I believe they will just send you to Apple. I would contact your Verizon store to confirm

3. njaremka macrumors 6502

it doesn't really matter where you go, but i would go through apple. if you have an apple store near by, they will likely be much more customer friendly and knowledgeable.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It's a warranty issue, so Apple is the appropriate venue for warranty exchanges/repairs.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple handles all warranty work, not the carrier.