Exchanging 32GB for a 64GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bueller1, Sep 20, 2012.

1. bueller1 macrumors 6502

My 32GB is being delivered tomorrow. If I open and use it can I still walk into an Apple store over the next couple of weeks to see if they have a 64GB to swap it out for? Is it 14 days or 30 days that you can return/exchange?

2. schizbomb macrumors 6502

You cannot swap or return iPhones to Apple Retail.

3. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I thought you could? :confused: Maybe you can't once it's open.

4. dndandrea macrumors 6502

I just talked to retail apple store rep and online store rep and both of them said you can return your iphone in store that you ordered online. You're in the same boat as me, except im exchanging for a different color. The next thing to worry about is your upgrade eligibility. How long will it take once you return the iphone to restore your upgrade eligibility at the discounted price?

5. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Yes you can, just because it has been bought Online doesn't mean to say you cant take it back! i have bought numerous items from apple.com exchanges or full returns have never been a problem!!!

6. schizbomb macrumors 6502

I tried to swap a black for a white 4S last year and was told I had to go through Apple.com for returns of iPhones. I guess they could have local restrictions but I don't know, I figured it was company wide.

7. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Maybe its because you want to just swap!

8. schizbomb macrumors 6502

9. OwenMeasures macrumors 6502

OwenMeasures

Strange... i haven't had problems!

10. bueller1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats under returns. Thanks for the link

Exchange an item

If you purchased your item from Apple in the U.S., you can take it to any U.S. Apple Retail Store for an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to in-store product availability. It's a good idea to check in-stock availability by calling the Apple Retail Store, or by going online and adding the item to your cart and seeing if the item is available locally. Personalized items and custom-configured Macs may not be eligible for exchange at an Apple Retail Store.

Items ordered on the U.S. Apple Online Store that arrived damaged or are incorrect can be returned to any U.S. Apple Retail Store, or by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775.

11. Lintrix macrumors member

I am thinking of doing the same thing. Looking to exchange 32gb Black to 64gb white. I ordered from Apple.com and I'm hoping I can do the exchange at a local Apple store when they have inventory.

12. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

13. Mbman81 macrumors member

You can return or exchange an unopened iphone ordered from apple.com at the apple retail stores. Once open you have to do the return through mail back to apple. Just got off the phone with 1800 my apple and they explained to me because I have to return my pre order.

14. Sputnek macrumors regular

Unicorn: a white 64gb apple iPhone that is in stock and available for purchase.

15. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I was thinking of doing similar. Called the local Apple store. Employee said You can do the exchange in-store and pay the difference, but (a) they have to have it in stock (obviously) and (b) you need to wait in the loooooooong iPhone line (assuming there is one).

16. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Wrong. You can return it to the apple store and exchange it. Have done it.

17. Swerthy macrumors member

How does that work with Carrier Contracts and upgrades?