exchanging black iPhone 4s for a white iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowboarder943, Nov 22, 2011.

1. snowboarder943 macrumors regular

Greetings,

I just reserved the black iPhone 4s 32GB for my local Apple Store since white was not available, has not been for several days.

Is it possible to exchange for the white model when it becomes available at that same Apple Store through the reservation process again?

Also, would there be any restocking fees? And would I be able to still use the phone until then?

Thank you all.

2. jekyoo macrumors 6502

No restocking fee. You can't just simply "exchange" it. You'll need to return it and repurchase one.

3. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

Also...

One other problem. When I pick up the phone tomorrow, the person with the upgrade will not be there. Will Apple themselves be able to do the upgrade swaps and upgrade my line's phone without the need for the other person to be there?

I hope that wasn't confusing.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If the person with the upgrade is the primary account holder he/she needs to be there.

5. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

No that person will not be able to make it to the Apple Store. Looks like I won't be getting the phone...

6. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Untrue.

OP, reserve a white one, simply walk into the Apple store with your receipt and ALL the stuff that came with your iPhone. They will exchange it for you.

7. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

This of course being in the 14 days correct?

8. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

No, 30 days.

9. jekyoo macrumors 6502

if you're an authorized user, you can do it yourself. the simplest way of authorizing yourself is going to att.com and adding yourself to the authorization list. you can also call at&t's cs or go to the store to do this.

10. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

OK great! Thank you Andrew.

Now just to hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow when I pick it up.

11. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

I actually just checked and I am an authorized account manager for our family account. (Verizon) Should this work then tomorrow?

p.s. sorry for double post.

12. GaiaAero macrumors regular

Are you doing a "cross upgrade"? If so, Apple can't do that for you. I tried to do that recently and they were like "We can't cross upgrade here". So you'll probably have to go to a Verizon store

13. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

Well it would be an upgrade swap. Essentially, one line has an upgrade and since we are all on a family share plan you can share those upgrades.

Could I buy it at the Apple Store tomorrow, then go to a Verizon store to finish it up?