Exchanging iPhone 3GS for cracks, one week out of warranty

Macman756

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
My white iPhone has developed those mold line cracks around the dock, volume, and sleep button. I just discovered them and I am 8 days out of warranty. Will they do anything? I really want it replaced since they've started growing now that I took it out of the case. Any hope?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Did you purchase it using an Amex or equivalent card with extended warranty? It mirrors AppleCare for the 2nd year.

darngooddesign

macrumors G3
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You are probably close enough to your warranty for Apple to do the swap. They gave me a new 3GS two days before my warranty was finished. Call Apple Care.

millerb7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
My white iPhone has developed those mold line cracks around the dock, volume, and sleep button. I just discovered them and I am 8 days out of warranty. Will they do anything? I really want it replaced since they've started growing now that I took it out of the case. Any hope?
I was given a new screen on my 3G 12 days outside of my warranty... I didn't even purchase the applecare.

Be nice, they'll do it for you.

Surprisingly, apple customer support is pretty superb.

Everytime I go in with broken keys on my laptop, they don't' even ask for applecare stuff, they just run in the back and bring out new keys and swap em.