Exchanging iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bruce91, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Bruce91 macrumors newbie

If I bought an iPhone 4S through Sprint online store can I walk into the apple store and exchange it for a white one?

If not would I be forced to go through Sprint online store?

I bought it this week, a few days ago.

Thanks

2. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

I think the apple store might exchange it if you have a good reason. Sprint is your best bet though.

3. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1252043

Searching is awesome.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No, the Apple Store does not exchange non-warranty items at their store unless you purchased the merchandise directly.

For warranty claims, they will only exchange for the same model, so that means same SP, color, capacity, and lock status.

So to get the color you want, you would need to return it to the Sprint online store, and purchase the phone you want from the Apple Store.

5. dowork84 macrumors newbie

6. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

If your phone is in a unopened retail box, with all bar codes intact, AND when they scan it, it matches to other models in their inventory, or that they actively stock then yes, they will let you return it and get a different item.

7. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

My sister got a Black 4S on launch day, 3 days later when I got mine at the Apple Store, I asked them if it was possible she'd be able to swap out for a White 4S at the Apple Store, they told me she couldn't do it, that she'd have to go through AT&T

8. bladerunner88 macrumors member

Bought a 4s 16GB at the Apple Store on Tuesday, was back in on Thursday exchanging for a 32GB, couldn't have been easier. Colour me very satisfied and impressed. (upgrading from a 1Gen.)

9. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Amazing story thanks for sharing in this thread :rolleyes: