Exclusive MacRumors Discount - Can't get it to work on 27" iMac i7

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SickTight iMac, Nov 12, 2009.

1. SickTight iMac macrumors newbie

Okay folks...so I'm following the "Exclusive MacRumors Discount: Additional 3% off iMacs in addition to existing rebates." link from the MacRumors main page which takes me to MacMall. I add the 27" iMac i7 to my cart and proceed to checkout. The additional 3% discount is not showing up. All I get is the normal mail-in rebate line item. Can someone enlighten me?:eek:
    Thanks!!

2. SickTight iMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Issue Resolved

When I called MacMall and spoke to a representative, they went ahead and took my order over the phone and gave me the additional 3% special discount (only on the iMac itself, not peripherals). They also assured me that the $100 MacMall mail in rebate is still completely valid, and not voided by the MacRumors special discount.

Does it pay to be a "Friend of MacRumors" or what??? I say yes.

Those of you with pending MacMall orders should probably call them and get the extra discount applied...it's not chumpchange. ;)

3. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

Any idea if I can still get the rebate if I get an i7Mac with the RAM upgraded to 8GB? MacMall has the option of using RAM that isn't ridiculously overpriced and having them install it. I e-mailed them asking if the rebate would still be valid a few days ago but they haven't responded. If I can get the $100 rebate, the 3% MacRumors rebate, and the $50 VMware Fusion rebate plus no tax and 4GB of extra RAM installed for half of what Apple charges, I'll definitely buy the i7.

Edit: I called MacMall and asked about it. Ordered an i7Mac with 8GB of RAM and Parallels Desktop 5 with the $100 rebate, the MacRumors discount, and the $70 Parallels rebate for a total of around $2150. I also asked about shipping, she said (if I remember correctly) that they'd receive the first batch on the 17th, the second on the 20th, and the third on the 23rd, and mine would ship on the 23rd since I ordered today.