EXCLUSIVE!! rejected first version of the G4 Imac!!

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
which version of Cinema 4d do you have??? I have the Go version, but it doesn't run under OS X natively. I have other things I need to get before I update to a higher version.

Comment

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
version

i have the XL 7.3 version and is great! it runs quite smooth on OSX, so anything u need u can ask me, well im really a newbie on C4D , (used to work on FormZ and recently discovered Cinema capabilities for Rendering and modeling complex objects ) but ill be happy to discuss about any 3D related subject ( maybe i can start a thread to talk about macs and 3D modelers to see how many people use that in MR's)

Vitruvius
-----------
firmitas
utilitas
venustas

Comment

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
thats some nice work
was it hard making it, I could never make anything like that

Comment

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
3 hours

it just take about 3 hours to make (including 30minutes for convert the linear dock and menus into eliptical ones...what a pain in the @ss) its not really a complex model, the secret is to choose the right materials and a dramatical light

by the way if someone wants to see other models and stuff designed by me my page is open to everyone homepage.mac.com/agell :D

Vitruvius
-----------
firmitas
utilitas
venustas

Comment

wake up Jobs!!!

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2002
Miami, Florida
hummmmmmmmmm

Looks Like a vanity mirror to me

Apple's new product will be called :
iAmavanitymirrorandnoonebuyme

lollollololol
(ok it is not that funny)

Comment

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
nice stuff. What did you use to warp the screen image to make it oval?

Loved the portfolio, really nice, good job!

Comment

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
old fashion way

quote from Dukestreet:

"nice stuff. What did you use to warp the screen image to make it oval? "

im afraid it isnt any hocus pocus method to do it instantly i just did it the old fashion way: copy every single item and rotating it to match the angle of the screen. :rolleyes:

by the way thanks to take some time to see my works its nice to receive coments from other people, specially in the 3D bussiness ( ive seen in other threads that u use LighWave on regular basis,LightWave is one of the Softwares i want lo learn next to my trip into Cinema 4D)

Vitruvius
-----------
firmitas
utilitas
venustas

Comment

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: old fashion way

Originally posted by vitruvius

im afraid it isnt any hocus pocus method to do it instantly i just did it the old fashion way: copy every single item and rotating it to match the angle of the screen. :rolleyes:

by the way thanks to take some time to see my works its nice to receive coments from other people, specially in the 3D bussiness ( ive seen in other threads that u use LighWave on regular basis,LightWave is one of the Softwares i want lo learn next to my trip into Cinema 4D)
Ah, thought you might have had a new photoshop plugin that I didn't know about.

Yep, I use lightwave, absolutely love it and I'm still working on getting better as an animator. I'll post stuff when I have something interesting to show, I'm doing mostly engineering illustration, so its not that exciting.

The only thing I noticed on your oval iMac is that you might want to increase the number of sides on the screen, the flat edges give it away. If you had used 3 or 4 times the edges, you'd get a much smoother effect. It would probably work fine in animation, but as a still it quite obvious (well to me atleast) But again, great job. I look forward to seeing some more of your work.

D

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.