Expanded California Assault Weapon Ban Leaves Thousands Of Gun Owners In Limbo

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 20, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...imbo-assault-rifle-ban/#.WUiS2Gl3vrI.facebook

tens of 1000's is amazingly LOW BALL in a state with over 7 million gun owners.
    anyways, the level of stupid here is just one more reason why many have ceased to comply with the states & liberals stupidity..
    let CA be the crap example to the rest of the states, NOT ONE MORE INCH.

2. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

This is what happens when you have clueless legislators writing laws about things they don't understand.
    Kevin De Leon is the worst of them.
    This guy shouldn't be anywhere near a firearm, let alone writing laws regulating them.
    Anyone remember this classic? I'm still laughing.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Don't forget Leland Yee.

4. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Ahh yes... the anti-gun gun dealer.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This is why you need better gun rules. Until you all sit round the table this ridiculous nonsense will continue.

And yes, better means reducing the number of gun owners but increasing the quality.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The problem lies in who defines "quality".

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Gun owners who have actually shot their guns in the past year and who know how to look after them.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

So because I haven't had time to make it to the range in the past 12 months I should lose my ability to own firearms?

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

there is no sitting at the table with liberal nuts who wear pajamas trying to talk about insurance while leaving in their parents basement, "compromise" only goes THEIR way, consensus on the boards is NOT TO [​IMG]
    COMPLY anymore, why? the only ones who lose happens to be us, nearly no STANDARD capacity magazines got turned in , you think we sold them out of state???? ha no. since there is no point in complying many have stated might as well go all the way, have the mags you want and the gun in the configuration you want, SBR? no problem, not registered? no problem, no more "registration" of AR's, the 80 % lower kits have sold by the 1000's . this allows you to make your own AR lower at HOME bypassing registration.

congrats CA, going full retard means you no longer know who has what.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I'm sure if you actually sit down you can come up with something sensible that works. Probably the 30th percentile gun owner has never fired their weapons once.

I doubt any gun owners on this forum come under the "don't care" and "aren't responsible" camps.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 20, 2017 ---
    You will always have to sit down with the liberal gun nuts. Otherwise California will keep passing anti-gun laws you don't like.

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

just like millions of others, I don't care anymore. BTW it's stupid POS liberal democrats who pushed us to this

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And if you get raided by the police for any reason you're risking a jail sentence.

It's as stupid as doing 30 over the speed limit.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

EXACTLY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when was the last time you got "raided"???????
    that is why pretty much the majority are taking their chances, they don't get visits from cops SO they have no thing to fear.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Seriously, thanks.:D

I don't believe there will ever be comprise, we've tried that before and have came out on the losing end. What is sensible for anti's and pro's are completely different. We have to pay a tax and ask for permission, wait up to a year for permission to get a muffler, and that is in the States that allow such a device in the first place. I don't see how that is sensible it does nothing to affect the lethality of a firearm equipped with one.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

no sitting at a table with a gun nut who thinks everyone and their dog and mentally ill,convivted criminal should have any gun they want no matter what. see fixed for you.

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

[​IMG]

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I think you missed the point.

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Cause you never had one :D

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Bull you just missted it so you deny it. Nutjobs on both sides cause the problems.

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

your nut jobs are the ones passing laws, turning everyone into a CRIMINAL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,let that sink in.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

My nutjobs? Really? I live in California? Nutjobs all over. Your nutjobs are not helping now are they?

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Got to feel for the people who don't know if they are allowed to own assault weapons any longer. Real first world problem right there. Poor devils.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the ones who no longer will know what we have is the state, no more registration :D

24. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

some people just figure they don't have to follow the law if they don't want to, although they sure do complain about other people who break the law :p

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So, you would have no problem with the government outlawing something you already own forcing you to get rid of it without any compensation?

Somehow I get the feeling if this was directed at a right that you cherish, you would be squawking up a storm.