Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
How generous are their credit lines? Usually enough to buy at least a moderately upgraded Mac (like a big SSD and/or accessories)?

Also, what's the deal with the 0% financing offers? Are they ever repeated so you can buy a replacement Mac when the time comes? A one-time 0% offer makes for a credit card (these are revolving credit accounts after all) you use once and then put in the drawer never to use again. Not necessarily worth the hard pull on your credit if you care about such things.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I guess it depends on your income and credit score. My credit with Barclay is more than enough. They do offer the 0% from time to time after you get the card; especially around the holidays. I Try and always use the card for buying my Macs. I don't use it for anything else and I ALWAYS pay it off before the end of the offer.

groovygrandad

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2012
uk
I guess it depends on your income and credit score. My credit with Barclay is more than enough. They do offer the 0% from time to time after you get the card; especially around the holidays. I Try and always use the card for buying my Macs. I don't use it for anything else and I ALWAYS pay it off before the end of the offer.
[doublepost=1499455891][/doublepost]I have always done the interest free c/card for my Apple stuff, just got a 31 month c/card.

randian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2014
They do offer the 0% from time to time after you get the card; especially around the holidays.
That's good. A little odd though you'd think they would synchronize their 0% deal offerings with Apple releases rather than holidays.

How does the 0% work if you buy non-qualifying things with the card too? For example if a 4k Apple TV comes out this winter I might want to put that on the Barclays card for the triple points.

Last edited:

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
There is usually a dollar amount that must be spent in order to qualify for the 0% financing. I doubt an Apple TV would qualify. I would NOT use this card outside of 0% offer. It has a really high interest rate if you try and use it like a regular credit card. The only reason I would use it is that it does give you points that you can trade in for iTunes gift cards but if you aren't paying the card off every month, you could easily spend more on interest than you would make in iTunes points. The only reason I have this card is for the 0% offers. I don't use it otherwise and wouldn't not recommend that to anyone.

krause734

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Chase Freedom and Citi Doublecash have 0% intros for 15 months and they are worth keeping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.