Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
Hi,

Can you guys share your experience with Apple Watch Express Replacement? The whole screen of my series 0 came off itself while I was on a gym bench yesterday morning. I was kind of shocked because I always took care of my watch, no dents, no major scrathes. I ran to the receptionist and asked for a tape so I could keep closing my rings. Right after, I contacted AppleCare for express replacement since my watch is still under AppleCare. It has been 24 hours and the status is still under "Product Replacement Pending". I heard that I was supposed to get my watch replacement within 2 to 3 business days. No tracking info yet after 24 hours. If you guys could share your experience, that would be helpful. Am I supposed to receive the tracking within 24 hours since it will take a while to get the replacement after the product has been shipped? I use my work address so hopefully I will receive it before Friday.

My friend teases me maybe they do not have series 0 anymore and they are looking for Series 2 to send it to me. That is a crazy thought, but I am a bit hopeful :D

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
You should receive tracking information with in a day or two at the latest. If not, Contact Apple to double check. But it's when the Watch is physically scanned and departed from their depot.

Also, you won't receive a Series 2. You will receive the exact model you have for your first Generation Apple Watch. Apple has replacement/refurbished Watches strictly for Apple Care. It will be just the Watch itself in a small white box, with no accessories.

Reactions: SDColorado

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
At most, and that would only be in the rare event that they had no series 0 stock to replace yours with, would be a series 1 replacement. That would be the nearest equivalent and still in the current lineup. But almost assuredly it will be a direct series 0 replacement.

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
Thank you for both the replies. I forgot to state that I have the steel version series 0 so I do not think series 1, which only comes in aluminum will be acceptable :)

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Thank you for both the replies. I forgot to state that I have the steel version series 0 so I do not think series 1, which only comes in aluminum will be acceptable :)

True! Probably a moot point though. While it is replacement in kind, it will almost certainly be with another series 0

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

And the only difference with Series one if you were to receive one, would be an improved processor. Otherwise, you Will receive the stainless steel version in the first generation.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I just received the watch. The box is so beautiful I wonder if I can keep it.

If it's the replacement Box the Watch was shipped in and received by you, the defective Watch has to be shipped back in the same box the replacement Watch arrived in. At least that's how the process worked for me when I owned the Sport model when it first released in 2015.

Reactions: Mlrollin91

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If it's the replacement Box the Watch was shipped in and received by you, the defective Watch has to be shipped back in the same box the replacement Watch arrived in. At least that's how the process worked for me when I owned the Sport model when it first released in 2015.
Spot on. You have to send back the box. I like the box as well. But we don't get to keep it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.