Experiences after sending iPhone 4 to repair home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sensamic, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Sensamic, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hey everyone.

Im trying to decide whether to send my iPhone 4 for repair tomorrow or not. My problem is the home button. Its not broken, but its definitely not working 100%. It has lost some of its functionality and responsiveness.

My concern is that the warranty I currently have is from my carrier and not from Apple itself, so Im not too confident. I don't know if they will fix it or give it back to me the same or even worst. Maybe they'll exchange it for a refurb one or something like that. Im concerned too that dust will enter under the screen.

What have the experiences been like when sending the iPhone for this type of repair? Do they fix it completely? Does the home button regain all of its responsiveness like on day one? Or its not worth sending it to repair?

Maybe I can keep using it using Assistive Touch until next year if the iPhone 5 comes with a capacitive button.

Thanks.

2. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

i highly doubt your carrier would be fixing hardware, so you'll probably get a refurb. your old phone will be sent back to apple, to be fixed, and later sold back to the carriers, as a refurb.