expiring Applecare- what should I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by estockme, Aug 30, 2013.

1. estockme macrumors regular

I bought the 4s, so sometime around october or november my AC+ will be expiring. A few chips in the edge of the screen (from falling out of my messenger bag while riding full speed across a busy street with no case and rolling about 15 feet on edge) but otherwise it still works fine.

I don't know if i'll be upgrading any time soon (if anything it would be to get off sprint's horrible network in chicago), but I want to get my money's worth for the AC. How can I do this? I'm pretty sure I can get a new battery, but what else?

For example, should i smash it so I can get a brand new one? Mostly kidding. I'm not looking to scam, just get it as polished as possible before the insurance expires.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Since you have AC+ and don't like the condition of your iPhone, just pay the $49 fee and get a new phone. No need to take drastic measures in destroying your iPhone.

3. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

As just posted w AC plus you can do the $49 exchange at any point. I don't like this scratch and want a new one .. $49!

If anything they will appreciate the fact it's not smashed as they will refurb it or sell to new third party partner.

Think I have heard of people saying I don't like my black one and want a white one ... $49 swap!

4. Bear macrumors G3

If it's chipped all around, that should be enough to warrant a $49 swap under AppleCare+ without doing any extra damage to it.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

No need for smashing... just pay $49.

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

You might as well wash the phone with some soap and water. You wouldn't want to bring it back dirty... :D