Explain this battery life behavior!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lympero, Feb 19, 2012.

1. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Ok here is the problem. I have a iPhone 4s since launch. I used to have normal usage and standby times, like 5-6 hours usage and 1 day standby. Then my phone started losing like 10% per hour and my usage time nearly doubled!

[​IMG]

I did a hard reset, reset all settings and finally TWICE erase all setting and wipe phone, set up as new and my battery life got normal again.

Here is the strange part. Since then, Asa long as my pone is on, the battery life is fine. If I restart my phone, or battery dies or put airplane mode on, the phantom usage starts again and I have to erase phone and set up as new to fix it.

Now I'm on 7 dAys with my phone constant on and I have like 0.5 to 1% drain per hour which is nice.

Anyone can explain this bizzare bug?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Typically it is an app that causes this. After you restore as new do you put the same apps back on it? I'm assuming you're not JB.

3. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

9 hours of usage time is great. Why complain?

4. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

Forgot to mention that all this bizzare situation happens with NO apps installed. Stock iPhone apps and no jb. The phone/ battery works correctly but if Lets say restart my phone, then I'll get phantom usage. Then I have to wipe it (twice) to fix it. Then works perfectly till I forgot to charge it!

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Charge it then.

7. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

the Greek govt can't afford data so they are siphoning off yours and causing your battery to drain faster!

8. lympero thread starter macrumors 6502a

lympero

Can't...
    My sister bought it for me from apple sore uk, but since then she moved to usa due to her job and im stuck!

9. cotak macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.1; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/ITL41F) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Check your location service. There is an option to show system use of that serivce. On my iphone 4 the set time zone process kept location service on all the time and it drained the battery similar to your experience.

10. Xgm541 macrumors 65816

You should still be able to get it replaced, it doesnt have to be your sister. Unless of course you dont have apple stores near you.