Export bookmarks from iPhone to pc

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enjoylife1788, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

Long story short, my bookmarks on the pc are gone. Corrupted and deleted.

So my years of bookmarks are on the iPhone and iPad. So how am I suppose to export them to pc.

If I sync with my iTunes then it will delete them from the iPhone and iPad. Because it considers pc's copy superior.

Please help...

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I believe if you put one bookmark in the PC that you don't have on the iPhone, it should merge like it does other data. I cannot be sure of that since I am not at my home computer, but it doesn't always consider the PC as the main place. I have bookmarked things on my iPhone and it brings them over to the PC.

4. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can someone please confirm this.. Don't wanna give it a shot and lose bookmarks in the process.. :)

5. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

iCloud was the culprit in the first place.. Made 8-9 duplicates of each bookmark.. Sorted out with great difficulty.. :(

6. fins831 macrumors 6502a

Try using firefox home app

Basically this app is designed for syncing everything from firefox on computer to any device...including bookmarks. Use it to sync everything, then delete it when done.

Being honest, I have never used it, but I use firefox on every PC and Mac and I love it. I would give this a try

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefox-home/id380366933?mt=8

If you don't use firefox on PC, thats fine, use this to transfer bookmarks, then just google import books from firefox to IE, or chrome, etc. Once you get them to the computer, you should be able to get them from browser to browser