export ipad display via wifi ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rud007, Jun 25, 2010.

1. rud007 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm wondering if there is any app that would let me export my ipad display to a Mac or PC.

I'ld like to use such feature for an event where the speaker would be on stage, controlling himself his keynote presentation from the ipad, which would transmit the keynote content over wifi to a Mac plugged to a video projector. (Does this remind you anything ? ;)

Kind of having a VNC server on the ipad, and using a Mac with the viewer I guess..

I know such should be doable with the ipad video-out cable, but my goal is to have the speaker "wire-free" on stage, so he could walk, and interact freely with the other panelists.

Thanks for your feedback and advices !

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i know there are apps to extend the display of your mac to drag things onto your iPad. but not really the other way around.

would be kind of cool - you wouldnt have to use your iPad! but i really like touching it!

good idea. make the app :p

3. rud007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the goal is to still use the ipad itself, but to have it's screen displayed via a video projector, without wires between the ipad and the video projector .. thus the use of the "middle-man" Mac (or Pc)

If someone on the board has the skills to dev such, I'm sure we could fund such work

4. ODC macrumors newbie

Present (so: display) iPad over wifi?

Any luck so far, Rud?

I have the exact same problem - what a disappointment that (so far) it seems impossible to use the iPad wirelessly for a presentation (and even wired it has a lot of drawbacks it seems: no live image, so presentation might not work at all)... is all that old info I found, or still the way it is in 4.2.1??

Hope someone has gotten the iPad to work, presenting over wifi or bluetooth to a wireless beamer??

Best, Odc...