Exporting to jpg after editing in Photoshop (via Lightroom)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dllavaneras, Jan 18, 2009.

1. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

I just started using Lightroom yesterday, and I'm really liking it. I have one question though. I process the image the way I want in LR, then I choose to edit it in Photoshop CS3. Once I do all of my editing there (mostly noise reduction via Noise Ninja), I try to export to jpg from PS (save as), and the only options are uncompressed formats! PSD, TIFF, Adobe RAW, etc.

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to be able to export to jpg after editing in Photoshop.

2. raxafarian macrumors regular

Don't export from PS. After editing, save it in PS as tiff and that will now show up in LR. Export from LR (make sure you select the .tiff and not your original)

You selected the photo in LR to "edit in" CS3? It should have asked if you wanted to edit a copy and there's a checkbox at the bottom "stack with original". Once you're done in PS (and save it) that 'copy' in LR will have the PS edits in it

3. dllavaneras thread starter macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Dumb, dumb me...

I was editing in Photoshop in 16 bit. Changing the mode to 8 bit allowed me to export as JPG.

Yes, it was that simple. :eek: