Exposé and Dashboard triggered on boot, wake from sleep?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jzietman, Feb 16, 2010.

1. jzietman macrumors newbie

I've had this strange problem for a while now, and I can't figure out what's going on. Whenever I wake my Macbook Pro (Santa Rosa, 15", June 2007, Snow Leopard) from sleep or restart it, expose immediately runs on all open windows to show all windows, then the dashboard comes up, then it goes away. Sometimes it happens in the other order, sometimes whichever comes second doesn't exit back to the screen as it's supposed to be.

What's going on with this? I don't get it. I've reset the PRAM, no change. Repairs permissions, no effect. It happens when plugged in and unplugged, which using the internal keyboard or my external one.

2. mac2x macrumors 65816

Have they been added to your login items? (System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items)

[edit] I was able to add them to my login items and sure 'nuff they opened when I logged out and then back in.

3. jzietman thread starter macrumors newbie

That kind of worked. Now either dashboard or expose running on wake, though not both. I had "dashboard kickstart" installed, that's no longer running at boot. What about expose, though?

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

How about a "yes" or "no" response to the question above?

5. jzietman thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops, sorry. No, they are neither of them in my login items. Dashboard kickstart was installed, but I've uninstalled it, and the issue persists.

6. mac2x macrumors 65816

I don't know the answer, then. Hopefully someone does. ;)

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Try logging in under a different user account. Create a new one if you have to.

Does the problem persist?