Exposé leopard question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by latogoga, Aug 21, 2010.

1. latogoga macrumors member

So you all know Exposé and how to use it with your multitouch trackpad. It shows all your open windows. If you activate it using f10 it will only show you open windows of the current active application. Here's my problem: randomly when using Exposé with my trackpad(4 finger gesture) it won't show all the open windows but just the ones of my current active application, as if i had used F10 instead. It just happens randomly and i don't know if it's a special trackpad gesture or if its just a glitch. Anyone knows??

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammar

I took the liberty of making your post readable. If any of it's incorrect, I apologize. It was like decoding another language, so bear with me.

I still don't understand what your problem is, but this might help:

Four finger swipe up: show desktop
    Four finger swipe down: show all open windows.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Maybe you only had one window open. In that case, it would act as if you pressed F10 (or fn+F10 for most people)

4. latogoga thread starter macrumors member

1. My mother language is not english, so excuse me, i tried my best.
    2. I know how Exposé works with those trackpad gestures

3. My problem is simple: Randomly, the four finger swipe down gesture behaves as the F10 key . end.

Not exactly: first it shows all open windows and inmediately (without touching, typing or clicking anything) it shows only the open windows of one application.

5. celticpride678

So basically instead of having the sound mute when you press the F10 key, it does the four-finger gesture?

6. latogoga thread starter macrumors member

No: I do the four finger gesture and it works as the F10 key but when I say F10 key I mean the fn key (lower left corner) + F10. So i'm NOT saying it mutes the sound.

7. celticpride678

Yeah, I have no idea what the issue is.

8. latogoga thread starter macrumors member

I've noticed this behaviour when working with multiple open windows (of different apps).

9. tpth macrumors member

Your post was perfectly readable, and the person who replied to you was being hugely pedantic and deliberately unhelpful. The internet brings out the worst in people sometimes.

As you've noted, there are two different Exposé functions - "All Windows" (which shows all windows from all open applications) and "Application Windows" (which shows all windows from the application you're in). It looks like the Application Windows function is occasionally being triggered. I can think of a couple of possible explanations:

- It could be that you have a different gesture set to the Application Windows function, and it's occasionally registering this gesture when you go to do the four-finger swipe? You can check this in your Trackpad preferences.

- Alternatively, it could be that you have a hot corner set up for the Application Windows function, and you accidentally move the mouse down to that corner when you try to do the four-finger swipe? You can check this in your Exposé preferences (under Personal in System Preferences).

Hope this helps.