Exposé or similar on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spooned12000rpm, Aug 15, 2009.

1. spooned12000rpm macrumors regular

I love my iPhone but there's one aspect that could make it so much better. I find that while browsing or using another app that having to come out of it to answer an SMS is quite tedious; tap reply> reply to SMS> press home button> reselect app just to recieve another SMS. What would be awesome is if there was a quick way to switch apps such as a two finger swipe to the side. Now I know that because in most cases exiting the app causes it to close so the command would have to activate a 'last used app' memory.

Or if that's too hard then a done button like you get in YouTube that returns you back to safari if you've just watched a video link from the browser.

Simple but I'm sure it could be done and would certainly speed things up.

Ed

2. jaycebeasley macrumors newbie

jaycebeasley

Yeah, that would be nice. Perhaps holding the home button or something to bring up Spaces, then a tap or swipe to switch to a different space.

3. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Having you considered jailbreaking? It makes that a simple process.

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i agree. you can jailbreak, use backgrounder, and use mquickdo. good luck.

5. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Basically you want background apps/multitasking and a fancy way of accessing them. It's one of the most wanted updates to the iPhone.

It's possible. But it uses a lot of RAM, and it drains your battery rather quickly.

6. aleni macrumors 68020

all u need is jailbreaking and irealquicksms. it costs a few bucks but sure it's worth it.