express checkout saturday delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cogrady84, Sep 19, 2013.

1. cogrady84 macrumors member

I noticed during the checkout process on apple store, you can opt for saturday delivery.

If I enable express checkout, it doesn't appear to give any options for changing delivery preferences, so if I do express checkout with a 5S order, can I not select saturday delivery?

2. deeddawg macrumors 603

Are you thinking an order placed tonight will in fact ship overnight for delivery on the 21st when 5c orders currently show shipping in 3-5 days?

3. cogrady84 thread starter macrumors member

Well... the 5C has been available to order for a week now... so 3-5 days seems about right, since they will know the stock requirements.

Who knows if I won't be the first person to place a successful order and have same day shipping? there are no pre-orders for the 5s, and no orders currently placed? So surely the first batch of orders placed would get 24 hour shipping no?

4. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Other countries sales went live with immediate "Ships in 7 to 10 days" for 5s orders. I would expect US to be the same.

But we can dream.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I just woke up not long ago, I love the smell of impatience in the morning.

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Really. I wasn't aware the 5S went live in other countries. But yes, I'll dream till it's fact :D

7. cogrady84 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not really being impatient, I work 9-5 Mon-Fri, so Saturday delivery is very convenient for me. Not even fussed if it's this Sat or next, I just wanted to know if it was possible to select Saturday delivery with express checkout? as per the original question

8. FooArk macrumors 6502

how would you even get it saturday if you order Friday ? :confused:

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

Its already available on the Australian Apple store to order. Probably because they are ten hours ahead of us.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

No.

But once shipped you may be able to make arrangements with the shipper via tracking number for delivery time/location.

11. cogrady84 thread starter macrumors member

Well I would be ordering at 00:01am Friday morning, they process the order ~6am, out for delivery following day? Lots of places do this? I don't really understand what the problem is?

Next day delivery is a thing...

12. deeddawg macrumors 603

You're assuming they ship from within the US. Maybe they do, it'd be great if you were able to order tonight and receive it Saturday.

On the other hand if they ship from China as happened for the 4S and 5 preorders, it's unlikely to reach you until next week.

I have no idea whether they'd have already sent them to the US for shipment or would ship them straight from China.

13. FooArk macrumors 6502

There is no expedited shipping on iPhone 5c/5s

14. deeddawg macrumors 603

BTW - if it ships Fedex, once you receive the first delivery attempt you can then use the number on that delivery notice to have Fedex redirect the delivery to a Fedex/Kinkos store for pickup.

15. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

If you are ordering online, you will get your phone at the earliest on Oct 4. Shipping will take 7-10 biz days and then you have to allow for ship times from Shenzen.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

If I remember correctly, last year they were already in the US when it came time to order. Either way, it will probably be that 7-10 day delay other countries are experiencing. It seems like they want people to go to the stores and that is where the supply went.

Edit: Actually, I just looked at my old order and it did come from China haha.

17. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

If you try to place an order on the Australia site, it says delivery 10/9 - 10/14. So I guess I was too optimistic. Shipping in 7-10 business days and then about a week for it to get to you. So almost a month.

18. Brdl04 macrumors regular

Brdl04

or almost half a month....;)

19. madsci954 macrumors 68030

FedEx doesn't do Saturday deliveries. They would have to pay their delivery people overtime. Unless Apple would foot the bill for that, but I really don't see that happening.

20. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Dude. FedEx does Saturday deliveries like everybody else.

21. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Guess it's something that I have yet to experience, only FedEx packages I get on Saturdays come through the Postal Service.

22. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

Distribution centers - iPhones already stocked in regions of the US. Amazon does one day shipping all the time...If they are shipping straight from China, then no.

23. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

It's a service they do for an extra charge just like UPS does. You would have to pay extra when you order something to get it on Saturday.

24. mr1581 macrumors 6502

FedEx provides free Saturday delivery on residential service.. You have to pay ups for say delivery

25. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I tracked mine from the factory-2 stops in China,Taiwan,Narita,Anchorage,Memphis & here.