Express Shipping

iWallace26

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Don't forget to turn this on and make sure you update your shipping address just in case they take pre orders!!!

Sorry I meant express checkout

SpasticPat

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2011
Apollo, Pa
I know that Apple accepts Bill Me Later (now Paypal Credit) for their store, so will they accept it for the new iPhone too?

slojave

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
Don't forget to turn this on and make sure you update your shipping address just in case they take pre orders!!!

Sorry I meant express checkout
Every time I log into apple.com to enable express checkout it reverts back to off when I log back into apple.com. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks for any tips!

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
Express shipping generally doesn't get you a phone any faster if you're ordering the first day. They all come in the same initial shipments from China, so don't waste money paying extra for express.

slojave

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
Express shipping generally doesn't get you a phone any faster if you're ordering the first day. They all come in the same initial shipments from China, so don't waste money paying extra for express.
They are talking about "Express Checkout" not Express delivery. The subject of the thread is a typo it appears.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
They are talking about "Express Checkout" not Express delivery. The subject of the thread is a typo it appears.
That would make more sense then. But the original advice about shipping still stands. Every year you hear about a few people paying extra for expedited shipping and they don't get their phones any faster than everyone else.

Last edited:

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
It stays on for me. There was no trick. It's only activated for the one computer you set it with.

slojave

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
It stays on for me. There was no trick. It's only activated for the one computer you set it with.
Are you using apple.com's store to enable "Express Checkout" or you using a different methodology? I didn't think it mattered which computer you are logging into your Apple ID. I'm using my personal computer I use for everything. Thanks for any info.

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
It should be activated on any device with your Apple ID. I activated it in my Mac, but on the Apple Store apps on my iPad and iPhone, it's still on.

slojave

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
It should be activated on any device with your Apple ID. I activated it in my Mac, but on the Apple Store apps on my iPad and iPhone, it's still on.

Did you update to the newest Apple Store app? The previous version had the ability to turn the Express Check-Out on my Apple Store App on my iPhone which is no longer an option on the newest version. Are you using the most up to date App Store App on your iPhone/iPad? TIA!

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Did you update to the newest Apple Store app? The previous version had the ability to turn the Express Check-Out on my Apple Store App on my iPhone which is no longer an option on the newest version. Are you using the most up to date App Store App on your iPhone/iPad? TIA!
I am now, but I recall seeing it in the old one.

Anyhow, this doesn't sound like an app issue. If you turn it on but then it turns itself off again, you should contact Apple support.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Good idea! Thank you. Even though once it's in your cart I don't think they can "take it away" (until the holding time is up), better to be safe than sorry!

citivolus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
I wish there was a way to default your payment method to an Apple gift card as part of Express Checkout. I checked but it only seems to accept a credit card to enable Express Checkout. Am I missing something?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Did you just toggle it and then logout? When I logout and log back in the Express Checkout is "off." I guess that is weird. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong!
When you toggle it on it will verify your credit card by asking for the three number on the back of the card. If those are input correctly, it will say that express checkout is approved.

----------

I wish there was a way to default your payment method to an Apple gift card as part of Express Checkout. I checked but it only seems to accept a credit card to enable Express Checkout. Am I missing something?
It is just for the credit card.