Extended display use bad for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chainprayer, Mar 21, 2012.

1. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

I like to have pandora running on my 4S while at work. I would prefer to have my display always on so I can quickly see what is playing and skip tracks throughout the day. Is this bad for my screen, or would the phone not seeing of a difference over time?

Thanks!

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

if you double tap on the lock screen you can see whats playing as well.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference. The screens are designed to be used. Even if there is a difference, you'd have replaced the phone to the next model before noticing.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

agree'd, it should take MANY years to burn out an LCD, you will have surely upgraded by the time that comes along

5. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

LCD's have memory, but I don't think LED's do, especially the high quality ones Apple uses. My friend uses his phone as an alarm clock all night, every night. The display showing the same thing for 8 hours a day for 4 months hasn't done anything do it, so I would say that you are okay.

6. k3roro macrumors 6502

I thought about this, but then I remember that there was something about using screen savers on iMac leaving burnout... hmm..

7. TheGdog macrumors 6502

TheGdog

Perhaps you are thinking of burn-in? If you leave a non-changing image up on any screen too long, it can burn in. If I remember, the issue on the iMacs was that the screensaver was freezing and burning onto the screen.