Extended display use bad for the iPhone?

chainprayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
I like to have pandora running on my 4S while at work. I would prefer to have my display always on so I can quickly see what is playing and skip tracks throughout the day. Is this bad for my screen, or would the phone not seeing of a difference over time?

Thanks!

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I like to have pandora running on my 4S while at work. I would prefer to have my display always on so I can quickly see what is playing and skip tracks throughout the day. Is this bad for my screen, or would the phone not seeing of a difference over time?

Thanks!
if you double tap on the lock screen you can see whats playing as well.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference. The screens are designed to be used. Even if there is a difference, you'd have replaced the phone to the next model before noticing.

eclipse01

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference. The screens are designed to be used. Even if there is a difference, you'd have replaced the phone to the next model before noticing.
agree'd, it should take MANY years to burn out an LCD, you will have surely upgraded by the time that comes along

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
LCD's have memory, but I don't think LED's do, especially the high quality ones Apple uses. My friend uses his phone as an alarm clock all night, every night. The display showing the same thing for 8 hours a day for 4 months hasn't done anything do it, so I would say that you are okay.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
LCD's have memory, but I don't think LED's do, especially the high quality ones Apple uses. My friend uses his phone as an alarm clock all night, every night. The display showing the same thing for 8 hours a day for 4 months hasn't done anything do it, so I would say that you are okay.
I thought about this, but then I remember that there was something about using screen savers on iMac leaving burnout... hmm..

TheGdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I thought about this, but then I remember that there was something about using screen savers on iMac leaving burnout... hmm..
Perhaps you are thinking of burn-in? If you leave a non-changing image up on any screen too long, it can burn in. If I remember, the issue on the iMacs was that the screensaver was freezing and burning onto the screen.