exterior case protection compatible with new magsafe power for the 13 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Intense, May 24, 2010.

1. Intense macrumors regular

Has anyone recently purchased an exterior case protection for their new macbook pro after the updated magsafe, if so, where do I find such a case that fits that update ?

I would like some feedback before I buy an incase or a speck and then manually trim the side, i'd rather not do that. Thank you so much.

2. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

None to my knowledge so far. I'm waiting for them to come out too. I'm using my old MagSafe for the time being, doesn't bother me at all. :)

3. fordhamram20 macrumors newbie

you won't have to trim it...I have the speck see-thru case and a new mbp w/new magsafe it fits just fine...

4. plaidbear macrumors newbie

I think the questions should be whther the mag safe can point backwards with the case

I have a Macally Bookshelf 2 Leather clip on case and love it, but it has two issues. This new right angled magsafe MUST point forward since the case covering on the left rear corner prevents it from pointing backwards. The magsafe in that position can easily be inserted and fits fine, but it blocks the network port completely, and if you aren't willing to bend your cable, also blocks the firewire port.

Has anyone found a clip on case that allows the magesafe to still go but also point to the rear so has not to block any ports. IT would need to be really thin, more like a scratch covering rather than a clip case, so I doubt it.

5. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i'm sure it will connect with the case on, the case doesn't protrude out that much. best of luck on your decision!