External LED Alert Accessory?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musika, Nov 6, 2011.

1. musika macrumors 65816

musika

I know it seems quirky, but wouldn't it be cool, an LED light that attaches say over bluetooth or through the headphone jack that would be aware of notifications and emit an LED alert light? I'd love to see this.

Basically, like that weird "Rhyme" phone, you know the purple one with the "charm"...

htc-rhyme-charm.jpg

Something a little more Apple like might be cool, even just to try out. What do you think?

2. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

you do know the iphone has this feature right? the led light flashes when you get an alert you just have to set it up.

3. -Leigh- macrumors member

You just have to make sure that you always put your phone screen down, and make sure you're looking at the phone when you get the call/text as it doesn't repeat itself.

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

that not what he is talking about.

My understanding is it is an LED light that keeps blinking until the notification is acknowledge. Apples using the flash does not count as it blinks when it comes in and never again. Plus it is way to bright to be a good ongoing one.

5. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

i know what he's talking about, im basically saying would you want something dangling off of your iphone that blinks?

6. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

It's good for women who keep them in their purse, and dangle the led out.

It could also be integrated into a case

However, the iPhone sdk won't allow something like this, as it'd require some 3rd party software to always be running. It could be possible through jailbreak, but nobody is going to manufacture an accessory that requires a jailbreak

7. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

Too complicated, but Bluetooth headsets know when there is an alert, maybe there is a way to show it with LED too?

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It would be nice if Apple would just put a LED on the phone that could flash 3-4 colors that you could configure as we wished.

If Blackberry can the all knowing Apple could do it better! They know we want it, why not make us happy with the iP5

9. b24pgg macrumors 65816

LED camera flash ≠ real LED notification light

10. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Yes. I'm tired of needing to turn on the phone every time I come back to it to find out if I have a notification.