External monitor available at Future Shop Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amoda, Oct 20, 2011.

1. amoda macrumors 6502a

Hey,

I know this is really specific, but if someone recently bought an external monitor from Future Shop Canada hopefully you can shed some light for me.

I'm looking to buy my first external monitor after moving from a 17" MBP to a 13" Air. I'm not really sure what to look for to be honest, and could appreciate some help getting a good bang for my buck. Since I have a $75 gift card to FS I'm hoping to purchase the monitor from there.

So yeah, if anyone bought a monitor from FS Canada around the ~200 mark recently please let me know! If you can let me know which model you purchased, and maybe educate me as to why, I'd really appreciate it!

P.S I did do some research. However, most of the recommended brands are Dell and NEV, both of which aren't carried by FS. Also, the term IPS pops up all the time but, again, FS doesn't seem to carry any IPS screens aside from the Apple display (which is too rich for my blood).

Thank you!

2. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

You might spend some time over at RedFlagDeals.com, they've always got an eye out for good deals on all kinds of stuff including computers and electronics.

3. amoda thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. BraveArts macrumors member

BraveArts

The LG monitor you're looking at is a good general monitor and a good price. It depends however on what you want to do with it. It's suitable for normal use but not so good for graphics due to the resolution.
    I don't have this monitor but I run 4 LG monitors in my studio and have been extremely pleased with their performance.
    Hope this helps :)