External monitor for an art student?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bojingle, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Bojingle macrumors newbie

So I've been looking around the forums for good recommendations for external monitors, but the lot of them seem to be for people who aren't doing anything artsy. I imagine that some monitors are better than others when it comes to doing arty things P:

So, I ask you; what are some good 20"+ monitors that are ~fairly priced~ for an art student?

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Well, for me I'm going into my art college with a 23" Acer H233H ($225). It's been nothing but great to me, and the picture is amazing. However, I'm using it for my Mini but more-so its going to be my primary work machine.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What's your budget? TN paneled displays goes for less than 200$ but I highly recommend you to get one with IPS panel.

4. Bojingle thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm. I'd say about $350 at best. An external monitor isn't something I need like, right away, but something I wanted to look into so I could get an idea of what I want to get.

P: If I end up getting a 15" MBP, I'll probably get one sooner. If I get a 17", I'll probably hold off for a little while and get something like an Intuos4 tablet instead.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Look at this thread. That's IPS paneled display for great price

6. mmulin macrumors 6502

anything from EIZO & NEC. i have former, specifically the http://www.eizo.com/products/lcd/s2242w/index.asp which packs full HD into 22". before i had the 20" one. all of them accelerate at colour accuracy and garmut. Just turn off the AutoEcoView or how they call it.

many others come close on a cheaper price point but few comparable, imho.