External Monitor Good For Movies?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hexonxonx, Apr 25, 2008.

1. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I am interested in buying an external monitor for use with any one of my three Macs listed in my sig. They are used mostly just for watching movies/TV shows purchased from iTunes, DVD watching and internet.

I know the 23" ACD will work with all of my Macs but the iMac and MB will need a mini DVI adaptor. I do like the ACD simply because it's Apple and has USB ports on it as well.

Whatever I get must be good enough for watching the videos that I mentioned above.

Oh and yes, I've been reading on all the other external monitor threads but there isn't allot of talk on using them for video.

Thanks, happy weekend! :)

2. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

Well, since nobody responded, I picked up the ACD 23". Another BestBuy in my area setup their Apple store this week so I went there. I think I made an excellent decision.

3. G5isAlive macrumors 6502

I also have a 23 inch ACD, watch movies on it, and am very satisfied. On my other computer I have a viewsonic (considerably cheaper) and also like it. Moral of the story? Buying monitors is a lot like buying a diamond. More money will always buy you better quality, but usually you can only tell when you put them side by side. Watching movies is not the most demanding application. Pick a monitor on features (I do sometimes use the USB ports), size and cost. you cant go too wrong.