External Monitor only works in Bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tabudrummer, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Tabudrummer macrumors newbie

Ok, so I am not by any means bad with computers, in fact I am quite good with them. I have quite a bit of experience and can usually sort just about any problems I have out myself but this is just getting really annoying. I have a 2011 13 inch macbook pro, and a SyncMaster BX2335 monitor. I bought a miniDP to hdmi adapter when i bought the computer, and it worked great to display on my tv, however when I connect my hdmi to dvi cable up to the mbp, so that I can use my monitor, their is no picture and the monitor sketches out a bit, displaying random error messages. At first I thought that my hdmi to dvi cable was just to old to work with the mDP to hdmi adapter. However, for an unrelated reason I had to install windows under bootcamp today, and I noticed that the external monitor works. For some reason the exact same setup that I am trying to use under OSX which I greatly prefer, mDP->HDMI->DVI, only works under my bootcamp partition...I can not figure out why. The only thing that happens under osx is that the monitor is recognized, but no amount of tweaking resolutions or settings was able to get anything to display.

Oh and I have 10.6.7 installed, which was supposed to fix display issues.

I thought that I should add that under OSX the monitor is not only recognized, but I can also move my cursor of the macbook pro screen, onto the monitor, but there is no picture on the monitor and it just keeps flickering.

2. Tabudrummer thread starter macrumors newbie

bump* sorry I just really need some help with this, its friggin annoying.