External monitor or 21.5" iMac > advice needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by XheartcoreboyX, Oct 24, 2009.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

So, I currently have a 13" unibody Macbook (specs in sig), I got the 13" to replace my earlier 15" alu MBP, since the smaller size is way more convenient to use at college.

Now, I really need a bigger screen to use at home, I am a newbie photographer, photoshop user, finalcut user, so the bigger screen will make more sense and I spend a lot of time on my computer while i am home.

I already have my MB on a stand hocked up to wireless keyboard/mouse and I have to go with one of two options:

1. Get a 21.5" iMac - disadvantage is that I won't have my files on both computers, conveniently.

2. Get a 21.5" external monitor.

What would be the better options and what would benefit me if I go with the iMac against the display.

Of course, the second option would be better on my pocket, but I would like to think more about it and needed some opinions.

Thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

As you don't need a new computer, I'd get external monitor. You can get one for less than 200$ but if you want a good one (same quality as iMac's), look for IPS monitor

3. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

welll in my shoes i would get an imac.... but maybe an ACD will do for you [​IMG]