Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

External Monitor

texasman821

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2020
I have a 2018 MacBook Pro with 4 USB C connectors. I tried using this USB C Adaptor that connected 2 HDMI and it didnt work only connected 1. So now I have 2 separate connectors and work fine. I want to add a 3rd monitor but cant sacrifice another connector for it. What are some good options I have so I can connect 3 total external monitors? Thanks for any help at all.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Best thing to use would be a Thunderbolt 3 dock. They're pricey but would provide all the display connections you would need, along with USB-A and Ethernet.

Comment

Markburnett

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2020
London
I have a 2018 MacBook Pro with 4 USB C connectors. I tried using this USB C Adaptor that connected 2 HDMI and it didnt work only connected 1. So now I have 2 separate connectors and work fine. I want to add a 3rd monitor but cant sacrifice another connector for it. What are some good options I have so I can connect 3 total external monitors? Thanks for any help at all.
Hi guys
For what it’s worth - I had the same desire- 3 monitors hooked up to my MBP. After buying countless leads and hubs, I stumbled across an article that suggested the Dell D6000 dock. It arrived today! As we speak I have it hooked up driving 4 monitors (3 dell displays using 2 display port and 1 hdmi) as well as the laptop screen itself working. Content can be seamlessly moved across screens with no obvious lag or inferior resolution. Hope this helps! Can buy them used on eBay for under £50.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.