External Ringer for 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SunnyFL, May 16, 2012.

1. SunnyFL macrumors regular

My wife never answers at home because her phone is always in her purse or it's on the counter in the kitchen and she's upstairs. I need something on the wall at home that will connect when she walks through the door, and rings when she receives an incoming call or text, but once the phone is answered the conversation will only be heard through the phone. Is this posible?

2. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Not that I know of, but maybe you could use google voice for the phone calls. You could force your calls to her to ring her cell phone and the house phone at the same time. That's the only thing I can think of, plus it's free.
    As far as texts go, I don't have any ideas.

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

One option could be to plug a speaker into the headphone jack of the iPhone. The ringtone would go through the speaker (which could be placed anywhere - an existing audio system could be used).

As soon as she answers a call, she'd just unplug the headphone jack and it would work like a regular call.

If a wireless solution is desired, then Bluetooth could be used, but you'd need to manually swap back to the built in speaker/mic for each call.

4. nparmelee macrumors 6502

More house phones have Bluetooth these days, if we keep our phones near our house phone, the house phone will ring when the cell does and we can answer from either the cell or the house phone. The trick is that the cell needs to be within range of the house phone.

5. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I don't have a land line, but if I did this is what I would use. Sounds cool.

6. SunnyFL thread starter macrumors regular

Will have to look into this when it's time for a new cordless system.

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

8. SunnyFL thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting

9. SunnyFL thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know if the cordless phone rings or notifies if a text comes in?