Extra! Extra! Read all about it! FBI formally announces Hillary email server investigation!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Feb 8, 2016.

1. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

How long did they look to get a spokesman who could smile for the photo I wonder.

Anyway. The earth is still spherical, pound of feathers still weighs same as pound of lead, drip, drip, drip... I thought waterboarding of American citizens was illegal.

Most of the time now I could not give less of a rip about Clinton's emails or her server setup. The setup s/b the job of some techie. Boss should know how to answer own cellphone and plug it in for recharge.

I do wonder what to make of Clinton's apparently having asked that some kind of classifications info be scraped off a few documents. What was that about and who would have benefited, or did benefit? That's about the extent of my caring.

Much much more, I worry about how committed Clinton is to reform of banking system, I worry about how much of her neocon tendencies will emerge if she sits in the Oval Office listening to Netanyahu on the phone every morning, and I worry about whether ACA will survive if someone can't get single payer in focus (and it won't be her, she's already made that pretty clear) or at least start really hammering on the middlemen.

And, as I have probably waterboarded this forum, I worry about her husband's connections and what their access to the Clintons will mean if Hillary Clinton wins the Presidency. They have always been the dynamic duo. In his time in office, Bill Clinton bragged on how we were getting two for the price of one. Well probably no bragging this time around but why should we think it would be different. What's different is that foundation, and years of donations to it, few of which --if any-- came without some sort of expectation of future access to the Oval Office.

So email, shemail, if I were investigating Hillary Clinton I'd start with whether her voter registration card is, you know, authentically that of a Democrat. I mean past being a Goldwater girl in her youth she later worked for the likes of Jerry Ford and Nelson Rockefeller. None of that is a big secret but none of it's negated by her forays across the aisle into Demoland either. She's a center right politician and more right than center on foreign policy.

I'd also be out there every single day like a female version of Jorge Ramos with "one weapon, the question." I'd be asking her how, exactly, she plans to isolate herself and her office and her agency heads from undue influence of her husband's connections and those of the donors to the Clinton family foundation.

But the stuff of such concerns doesn't tack into sound bites or Tweets, and it's too complicated for talk radio where they salivate over jailing someone over email security, and wonder whether anyone can be brought to the dock over the unfortunate deaths of four people in Benghazi. This while hackers routinely dump personal data of government employees all over the internet and Russia slays innocents while trying to secure a sweet spot for Assad and the rest of the Alawites in what's left of poor Syria.

But no. Out there it's email, email. Benghazi, Benghazi. Insanity, insanity.

The masters of the universe surely laugh off all that email and Benghazi stuff and will elect HRC to get the oil deals, trade deals, bank deals, tax deals and some for-profit good works (schools, training programs) if they can manage it. Her claim to electoral fame in the November election will be that she can bring Dems to the table for those deals, which a Marco Rubio could not do. All people like me can do is support Sanders long enough to push Clinton a little leftward so the Democrats still have something to work with in Congress later on.

2. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

“It still is not a criminal investigation,” Hillary supporters tried to assure me. “The FBI has 100 full-time and 50 part-time agents tasked to this criminal investigation,” I responded. “Where are the charges!” they retorted, thinking their words negating. “They’re coming soon,” I finished with.

3. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

4. stroked Suspended

stroked

That sounds about as pleasant as passing a kidney stone.

5. 1458279 Suspended

I wonder if there's any Clinton supporters out there that still think Bill didn't like about his relationship with Monica. Even thou Bill admitted that he lied, there's STILL some that think he didn't lie.

Same thing with Hillary, some just can't see past the love bubble.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Bill lied, but that's over with. I think the majority of voters doesn't want to open up a stone casting fest.

7. 1458279 Suspended

Bill did NOT lie. What he said was reclassified as a lie. It wasn't a lie when he told it.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 8, 2016 ---
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hillary-clinton-staff-shakeup-218955

Looks like Hillary might have a message for her staff:
    DT_Fired.jpeg

8. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

He (Bubba) didn't soil that Blue Dress, he didn't have sex with That Women

he didnt
    he didnt
    he didnt
    he didnt
    he didnt
    he didnt

9. 1458279 Suspended

If the FBI says: "Hillary is guilty", will Bill say "it depends on what the definition of is is"?
    BillIsIs.jpeg

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Good to see the conservative round-robin is full-bore here.

One thing that I do not get is how the FBI can assign 100 agents and at least 50 agents temporarily to investigate this case.

It can't be that difficult to asses her emails, review the interviews from other intelligence agencies, and confirm via interviews that Clinton was "read-in" to that information and passed it via email to someone else.

What the hell are the other 99 guys doing?

11. 1458279 Suspended

They're busy getting their marching orders from this guy: MarkLevin.jpeg

The FBI is a part of the vast right win conspiracy.

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Probably. Increasingly, I think HRC is in trouble, but I'm still surprised that the FBI would throw this many resources at this case despite having nearly 14,000 agents available.

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

They are busy doing this to all emails including unclassified. I bet Hilary's emails would put some conservatives in the hot seat as well. The witch hunt is for political public influence only ......

[​IMG]

14. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Beer and hookers

I'm not that surprised. They want to look like they're "on it". I could be wrong. Maybe there is some extra diligence that they want to do now so that something doesn't blow up later. It's obvious that they would prefer to get this over now rather than during or after the general election, assuming Hilary makes it that far. It's also not all conservatives in the thread.

15. 1458279 Suspended

If this were you or me, it would be 1 or 2 agents and we'd be done. The FBI knows that every i must be dotted and every t crossed because it could be challenged for many years. If they get it wrong either way, they'll lose their trust and trust in the government is very important at this point.

16. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I don't understand?!?! What is the big deal? People seemed okay with her husband when he was president and was cheating on her and was sticking cigars in unmentionable places in female interns as well as having sex IN THE OVAL OFFICE and then lied about it and now people are freaking out about this?

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So I was wondering this, lets say Hillary somehow gets past Bernie and Trump, and the feds, and Bills new girlfriends, and wins the WH. Could Bill sit in on meetings and say, well I was a president I have a right to be here. Can she share secret documents with him or does he have to stay far away from official business. We have never treaded in water this deep before.

18. 1458279 Suspended

I don't think the impeachment had anything to do with sex in the oval office at all.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/05/09/why-bill-clinton-was-impeached/

The "it was over sex" was a spin from the media. Bill was accused of sexual harassment of several women. At least one was then audited by the IRS.

In fact, I don't think Bill having sex in the oval office is actually illegal. What would be illegal about Bill having sex in the oval office?

We also have to remember that this was something like 18 years ago. We have a whole new generation that know little of nothing about all the baggage of the Clintons. It actually goes all the way back to Watergate, White water, Chinagate, stolen white house belongings of around $200K.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=121856

All this while Hillary was dodging sniper fire:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...linton/video-shows-tarmac-welcome-no-snipers/

And she was dead broke (with 2 mansions).

19. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

In my opinion.
    I don't care if it was legal or not, It isn't something the President of the United States of America should be doing.

20. 1458279 Suspended

No argument from me on that. In fact many are of the opinion that lack of respect for the government and the rules are our main problems.

The IRS shouldn't have been stalling approval of 501(c) apps based on political views. Fund raisers shouldn't be given high paying jobs they aren't qualified for.

Basically we have a massive looting of our country, both morally and economically. We the people have sat around and watched our nation go into moral and economic bankruptcy. It's probably past the point of repair, we have no plan for paying the debt or balancing the budget, you can't get elected without being corrupt.

Some say it started with Nixon, others say Clinton, either way it's hard to tell if it's even fixable at this point.

Look at the attitude of Hillary, she responded with printed emails that can't be cross referenced, they she took it upon herself to erase the emails. What kind of respect for the law is that? Bill and Nixon were the same way. What kind of respect for the law did they have?

A society only works when the people make it work. When we sit around and let this happen, what respect do we have for ourselves and our nation.

21. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Does he have an active clearance and a need to know?

22. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I actually agree with you on this one, although I would probably go further.

I would prefer that they have to disclose the origin of every dollar and be subject to a hard budget cap to prevent one campaign from simply outspending another. It invites too much corruption to the process if the only way to obtain suitable visibility is through enormous sums of money.