Extra Iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Skuriakose, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Skuriakose macrumors newbie

Okay my roomate, pre-ordered an iphone 4s and then later canceled the pre-order. Then he went and picked one at the apple store. Then this past monday his iphone 4s preorder came in the mail after we canceled it. Can we sell this iphone?

2. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

I did same, sold it for 570 way i look at it, if i get charged, all i do is owe $70, since i paid 200 off already. so i would lose 70max, but if i dont ever get charged full, then i made 570. 70 is not a deal killer in my opinion

3. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

probably not, the billing will soon catch up and recharge him for it unfortunately this has happened on multiple occasions. I would just do the right thing and send it back to apple.:eek:

4. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

apple has told people to keep the phones, see multiple post on it,

5. Skuriakose thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

since when is apple not caring about losing profits?

7. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

nope, sold it to a kid who unlocked it, opened up, never turned on, pulled out my simcard, he put his etc in, and unlocked it, no activation was needed. so it wont show up in my stuff

----------

evidently since you havnt followed the post about this multiple times, hasbeen stated to 3-4 individuals keep the iphones sell on ebay or something. however ATT is a different story, havnt heard anythign positive about them

8. Skuriakose thread starter macrumors newbie

The iphone isnt already unlocked? All i need to do is just take out the sim out of the phone.

9. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

If you bought it under contract 99% its not unlocked,
    the kid i sold itto, he unlocked his phone, used special simcards etc, he told me once a phone turns on/ or activates that it becomes locked, etc. his special simcard unlocks it/ changes imei or something allowing it to work on other carriers.

but it didnt activate on my stuff which is cool, so i missed an activation charge + another activation would of flagged my account in my mind.

----------

id stay and chat, going to go snowmobiling biches!!!
    over 1 foot of snow out right now!! YEAH
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

il check back on your post later, look at my history post/threads made, you will see the other threads about the double iphone orders etc.

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Hey if you don't get charged for the second one then just keep or sell it.

11. Skuriakose thread starter macrumors newbie

At&t charged me 200 already for the phone. I was just wondering if they were gonna charge me extra, or if i had to return the phone. So if i do sell it on ebay i should first open it and take out the microsim right?

12. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

he will get charged, we all did, but we paid $200 contract price for the phone which is good, if it was free i'd worry, but since they did charge 200 for phone, wasnt worried as much. isnt stealing, we paid for it. ive had my extra iphone for like 2 weeks guy, i just got tired of holding it, sell it for as close to 600 as u can get, so if u do get charged one day, was worth a shot, and u owe $50. but if you DONT, you just made 570-600. its worht the risk, dont call and ask, dont red flag yourself. im not worried honestly

13. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

This post is completely off topic ^^^^.

Anyways, OP, return the phone.

14. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

get off your high horse. he doesnt want to, and i dont think he should.
    end of story. Keep it bud, just sell it to someone who will unlock it if you can, that way it doesnt send activation to your account, i did. and so i miss the activation fee + 2nd activation which i was afraid of letting att know i had 2 of them

15. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

So, it's OK to steal the phone. If I get caught, I'll lose $70. If I don't get caught, I have successfully stolen the phone and I am ahead.

And now somebody is going to rationalize this by saying "Apple can afford the loss", or "It's their mistake so I can take advantage of it", or "you're a self-righteous jerk if you say it's not OK"

By this unethical logic, if the the teller at the bank gives you too much money - it's OK not to go back and return the extra money.

The answer to your question is - no, it's not OK to sell the phone. It seems you are seeking support to engage in behavior that you already know is wrong.

And if you don't know it's wrong....:eek:

16. Legionnaire, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011

Legionnaire macrumors 6502

you sir, its not stealing, we paid $200 for the phone. end of story.

17. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Eventually you will get charged the full price. Do the right thing and send it back.

18. Skuriakose thread starter macrumors newbie

19. Shrink, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

If I knew what an "artard" was, I'd probably be insulted. :eek:

I think...

BTW: It's "you're" an atard(??), not "your" an atard(??). I am an atard (??), I don't own an atard (??).:D

I think...

20. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

if i say retard i will get banned again *insulting other members* again, so dumb. so you are every bad word i can say sir equivalent to stupidity

21. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

no you paid $200 for one phone and because you did an online preorder and canceled it their computer systems did not catch in time. Therefore you got 2 phones because you went into the store and repaid that $200 for an instore activation then later received another by mistake.

YOU DIDNT PAY FOR THE MISTAKE. So in fact it is stealing.

22. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

No. I paid 200 instore, and they charged me 200 when the other phone went out, SO I PAID 400.

I paid for it, its mine. i dont see how its stealing, you guys seem to think i paid 200 for 2 phones!. No i paid 200 PER phone.

23. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Thanks for the clarification...:D

24. Mulyahnto macrumors member

First, it's NOT stealing. Second, it can be debated whether keeping the phone is morally wrong. Just like accusing someone of something they didn't do.

Bottom line - customers do not have to go out of their way to correct a mistake by the company, but each individual can ask themselves the moral questions that come with those decisions.

25. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

ok, whatever you say.......