Extracting Whatsapp Conversations

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tonyr190, Jul 30, 2013.

1. tonyr190 macrumors newbie

One of my friends had a lot of whatsapp conversations on her iphone and also had a passcode on her phone. However her male friend managed to extract the whatsapp conversations from her phone bearing in mind he does not no her passcode and could not access her phone! how could/would of he done this? he had the all of the conversations on a PDF document?

2. Merkie macrumors 68020

He most likely did somehow surpass the passcode lock and emailed the conversations to himself.

3. tonyr190 thread starter macrumors newbie

this guy is not clued up on technology what so ever, I really don't think he could of got around the passcode. when you email the conversation to yourself is it in PDF format?

4. Merkie macrumors 68020

No, just plain text, but anyone can copy/paste the conversation to Word and save it as a pdf.

And you don't hav eto be clued op on technology to surpass a passcode lock. Maybe he got hold of the phone for a few moments when your friend left her phone unattended, the passcode lock may be set to only be prompted after a certain amount of time.

5. tonyr190 thread starter macrumors newbie

so what about if he could of connected her phone to a computer, backed her phone up and used like some sort of whatsapp message extractor?

6. Merkie macrumors 68020

Could be, but I think the simplest options are more likely.