Extreme Data Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lightey, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Lightey macrumors regular

I got my new iPhone 5 on AT&T on Thursday. When I did, AT&T reset the monthly data usage to 0.0 MB. It's now Sunday, and it's saying that I've used almost 5 GB of data since Thursday. What could be the cause of this? All I did was do some light web browsing, email, Twitter, Facebook, and watch a few YouTube videos. I find it highly unlikely that I've used 5 GB of data in 4 days, as I've never gone over 2 before in a month.

2. bluer101 macrumors regular

My wife hardly uses data out and about due to wifi. But last night her phone had only 30mb used since last Friday and our son was watching YouTube videos at a resturant. He watched a few short videos made 10 minutes on default HQ. he chewed up over a half of Gig in that short time.

We have unlimited but even on our iphone 4's we have never gone through this much data this fast. I'm good for 1-2 GB per month and one week now I have over a Gig so far. I don't know what changed but something is different.

3. chazcron macrumors member

You need to call apple support. I did and they said they haven't gotten any complaints to this point. Need to make it known.

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

5. Lightey thread starter macrumors regular

Attached Files:

6. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

7. Lightey thread starter macrumors regular