Extremely bad experience with Apple/AT&T regarding iPhone 5 pre-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelpyon, Sep 16, 2012.

1. michaelpyon macrumors newbie

I got my confirmation email at 12:07AM--after minutes of intense refreshing on multiple devices while simultaneously perusing the MacRumors forums--I had pre-ordered by iPhone 5 64GB in Black and Slate and it was going to deliver on the 21st... Or so I had hoped.

By the time my order was preparing for shipment two days ago, I couldn't be more excited.

But yesterday morning I received an email that read as follows

"While processing your iPhone order, we encountered one of the following
    issues with your AT&T account. It appears that either the credit
    application linked to your order has been canceled, or your current
    wireless plan is not compatible with the iPhone. As a result, your
    iPhone order has been canceled and you have not been charged."

Outraged, I called Apple, got sent up the Apple food chain to an supervisor, who told me to call AT&T, who sent me up the AT&T food chain to a manager, just to be told that NOTHING about my account was wrong and the order shouldn't have been canceled. I got put into a conference call with BOTH companies, but neither could come up with a solution for me. They left me hanging by telling me I would "be notified soon". Basically, my order was gone.

After calling and calling for a total of four hours talking to numerous supervisors, all I was told that although my order was permanently canceled, I could order another iPhone that Apple will "try" to expedite for me, without any delivery guarantees.

Just a bummer, since I'm leaving for school the day after the iPhone is released. I guess I'll see many of you in line on Thursday night. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

2. michaelpyon thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess the search function would have been awesome, but thanks for showing me that other people are having the same problem. Take it easy, buddy!