Extremely disapointed with the 4s but still want to upgrade..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Man, its like an addiction almost.... I wanted a bigger screen and nothing. I was/am dead set on the Nexus Prime(I still am) but now the thing may possibly be delayed. Ever since i heard that my yearning for a 4s has been growing hourly...

Dual core processor :eek: :)
    Same 3.5" Screen -:(
    Siri - :confused: meh
    Ram: :confused:
    Battery Life: :(

Wanting to always have the newest thing no matter what : :D

wtf ....:facepalm:

Still debating whether or not to go down to best buy and preorder, i wonder what the chances of me getting it on Friday if i go before 5:00pm today :confused:

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should go sit on the toilet. :D Still don't understand the problem with a 3.5 inch screen. I think it's the perfect size. :confused:

3. kre62 macrumors 68000

You gave battery life a frown? iPhone is #1 always in battery life. If youre frowning at that, youll be really depressed with an Android phone.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Agreed. That beast of a screen on the prime is going to really suck the life out of the battery.

Another annoying thing about Samsung phones is it takes them 3-4 hours to fully charge. My iPhone 4 charges at about 1%/minute.

5. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

frown because it did not increase over last years model...other than that yes i know its one of the best in the business..

----------

One thing i noticed about my Verizon iphone that i switched to a couple months ago is that it charges about 50% faster than my AT&T iphones had for the previous 4yrs. Anyone experience this or know why a cdma iphone would charge that much quicker?

I had good signal with the AT&T phone also?

AH FACK it, im going to go get it I know i will give in eventually :)...Worst case I can play with it for a few weeks and see if i like it, the resale value will be great as usual and then maybe if i want to switch ill have to only throw down maybe $100-$150 for the Prime if i switch.

black or white is the quesiton now!

BBL :D

6. gibbz macrumors 68030

They slapped in a dual-core processor with improved graphics and a better camera and yet the battery life didn't suffer. That is a smiley-worthy effort.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

WTF indeed....You can't buy what you want even though you know you don't want the thing you're going to buy?

8. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Just got back from BB...All i can say IS WOW :eek:

I have not tried any other phones out at all since the original EVO was released a couple years ago. Today was the first time i tried Android out since then. I must say i was friggin impressed big time, the phone was a Inspire 4g even! The screen size was just perfect(4.3") I could barely reach the top of the screen with my thumb with some stretching but that would easily be eliminated by putting all your frequently accessed apps on the lower 3/4 of the screen.

Given that the phone was almost a year old technology wise it was right on par with my iphone 4 that i compared it to side by side. The screen size just made me want it even more after experiencing a screen that big again after 2yrs. It was about 90% that of the iphones screen clarity but with 100x better colors it seemed. The bigger screen though made every website much much easier to read though. The only thing i noticed was a little stutter while scrolling on the websites but that is completely exceptable and a good trade of for the extra real estate.

I am sad to say after 4yrs of iphone i will be leaving, there is no way the Nexus Prime could let me down if the Inspire 4g impressed me that much.

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

No doubt you may return after using it for a while...many seem to.

10. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Oh i understand that 100%, and i would say there is a 30-40% chance i would possibly. But everyone says the Google Nexus phones are the cream of the crop always and run the best, the Prime has what a 1280x760 screen @ 316ppi @ 4.6" :eek: That is just as good as the iphone 4's screen but over an inch bigger :love:

I have to give it a try though, i do so much on my phone and the screen size is the number one thing for me at this point. I would have paid $800 for a 32GB iphone 4s if the only thing they changed was the screen size...

11. Codepiink macrumors regular

I too was a bit disappointed, but I need a new phone. Stupid AT&T made me go to Apple and get a refurbished iPhone4 for reception issues that had to do with the service, not the phone itself. I've been stuck with this phone with a poor battery life and other issues. I would have been satisfied with the subtle changes to the 4S if my 4 worked perfectly. But i just had to get a new phone and leave AT&T.

12. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Again it all depends on what suits your needs

this isn't sports where we know what team is better...it depends on your usage, what you use the most, what type of apps you like, the design of certain phones...

me personally I love my iphone 4 and would only upgrade if it was clearly better, a re-design and a bigger screen but my 4 and IOS 5 will be great and i can't wait to use it.

different people have different needs...

i don't see any point in paying £500 for the 4s which basically is the same but has siri and is overal faster....but thats me.

13. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

14. French macrumors regular

I completely get where you are coming from and in a very similar boat...but I have experience with Android via the Droid X (Fascinate before that). The one pain point I've had that I can't seem to get over after moving to iPhone is the screen size. I really miss the larger screen on android phones. Makes using the internet painless, honestly!

But I ended up with an iPhone because of the other things Android did or didn't do so well...I was experiencing reboots, GPS suddenly stopped working while I had my entire family in the car with me, freezing, dropping calls, etc. There is a lot to miss as well, however. I miss seeing my 5 day calendar on the home screen, along with current weather conditions...I miss the customization. No 2 Android phones need look alike! But I don't miss the battery life. And while I too have had my eye on the Nexus Prime, I'm not convinced Verizon won't bloat the heck out of it (which frankly I think the bloat is to blame for nearly all issues having to do with poor battery and performance since you can't remove them and they are things like City ID that DO take up resources even if you don't want them).

If the Nexus Prime can deliver a non bloated, non skinned experience (i.e. true Google experience), and the battery can last an entire day with that LTE radio, I will turn around and sell my iPhone 4S. But for me, at the end of the day having a phone that just works, no matter what, and can last an entire day no matter what, is more important.

Oh how I wish an iPhone 5 with a 4 inch screen had come out on Tuesday.

15. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

People like you are annoying. Complain complain complain, one day later, oh I'm gonna buy it anyway...

Just save us all the grief next time.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Speaking of annoying……..:)

I’m waiting to see just how well this new antenna design works and how the battery really is, but since my upgrade date isn’t until the end of February, I’ll probably just wait for the iPhone 5.

17. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I honestly think apple has a completely redesigned iPhone 5 on deck but due to Steves situation and maybe even a few small loose ends, maybe with Facebook?, they delayed the release.

Imagine trying to orchestrate an iPhone 5 release right after steve jobs passes away?

There's no way apple can truly believe that a non 4"+(bigger) iPhone, non thunderbolt equipped, non 4g/lte equipped can stay the "premiere" mobile handset. I've hand a handful of die hard android users holding off on the sg2 specifically to see what apple is going to release.

I for one will not be renewing my contract for a faster version of basically what I already have.

I really only wanted a bigger screen...

18. jca24, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

You will get your bigger screen next fall, and yes the iPhone is the premiere phone. Even with the smaller screen it will still be "the phone". Go to android, you will be back.

:apple:

19. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Actually my brothers Android battery goes for a full 20 minutes.

20. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Exactly what I was wanting, everything else would have been expected anyway, A5, 8MP camera etc.

I've had iPhone for 3 years now and am 95% set now on going to Android, at least for this 12months to see what the iPhone 5 will be.

I'm an Apple fan, I have an iMac, iPad 2, Apple TV 2, touch etc, but was disappointed with 4S.

I'm just about set to get a HTC Sensation XE, looks great, reviews great. I've got no doubt I'll be back next year with iPhone 5 though, as others say, the hardware, software are great.

Still got my iPhone 4 at moment, but even with iOS5 don't think I can hang on till next year! iOS5 with iCloud and Siri doesn't give me personally much. I still have my iPad 2 for my Apple iOS5 fix though

Cheers